Range mode limited to 55mph

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Tonight the car was limited to 55mph in range mode and the menu to configure was greyed out and could not be changed. I was at 35% charge so I guess it forces a low speed due to the low charge state.

a quick charge back to over 50% and it’s back to normal. Does anyone know when this limit comes in? It would seem very strange if you were on a long distance run and it limited the speed to 55mph....I don’t remember the car doing this before
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Mine did this when range was selected and navigating. However I had plenty of charge to get to destination so no idea why it did it. Flicked to normal, then back to range and everything back to max speed 90mph

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Mine did this when range was selected and navigating. However I had plenty of charge to get to destination so no idea why it did it. Flicked to normal, then back to range and everything back to max speed 90mph
It’s weird.. I tried changing out of and back into range mode and no difference. I also tried a nav destination where you get a choice of range and normal and it was still locked on 55mph.

not sure if it’s a bug or intentional programming

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
That’s not normal, very strange. Can you remember what you were doing before it decided to restrict your speed? I know my pcm is not working correctly when navigating with stopovers.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I've also had range mode say it was limiting to 70 mph but when I refused (the PIRM suggestion) it ultimately offered up 90 mph as the max speed. I was on a 70 mph interstate.

I think the Range Mode Max Speed Limiter is dependent on what type of road you are currently on, whether navigation (PIRM) is currently active, and is somewhat fungible...

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
yes I"ve noticed top speed in range mode is limited based on battery SOC and also based on distance to go currently in navigation - range mode is a little more clever than I'd thought and really quite smart.
Sponsored