Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
When I first got the car couple of weeks back range mode seemed to be limited to 60mph then increase to 90 mph after some time. I presumed this was to do with the batteries warming and becoming efficient or similar.

For the last week range mode won’t go above 60 mph. This is even after a trip of 120 miles.

Is this something I have set accidentally or is the limit set by the car? Read the section in the manual but still not clear?
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Select car symbol in the main screen and press the sub menu (three dots on the lower right).
Here you can adjust the max speed in range mode.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Select car symbol in the main screen and press the sub menu (three dots on the lower right).
Here you can adjust the max speed in range mode.
Thanks, how come it’s varied between 60 and 90 previously? I’ve not changed anything in the menus relating to this.

Is this the speed I choose and nothing to do with input from the car then?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, how come it’s varied between 60 and 90 previously? I’ve not changed anything in the menus relating to this.

Is this the speed I choose and nothing to do with input from the car then?
Range mode can be set for a MAX speed of 55 to 85 MPH. You change it by clicking the car button, then the three circles on the bottom right, and "Range Drive Mode Configuration".

It's just a max speed, which the car won't let you surpass UNLESS you fully kick down the throttle in which case it will allow you to go as fast as you want until you drop below the max speed again.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Range mode can be set for a MAX speed of 55 to 85 MPH. You change it by clicking the car button, then the three circles on the bottom right, and "Range Drive Mode Configuration".

It's just a max speed, which the car won't let you surpass UNLESS you fully kick down the throttle in which case it will allow you to go as fast as you want until you drop below the max speed again.
I know that’s what it says in the manual but don’t understand why mine changes from 60 - 90Mph of its own accord, and now won’t go over 60mph. I will change the max speed tomorrow. My business partners also changes from 60 mph to 90 mph normally after driving for some time by itself. Doesn’t really make sense to me.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I know that’s what it says in the manual but don’t understand why mine changes from 60 - 90Mph of its own accord, and now won’t go over 60mph. I will change the max speed tomorrow. My business partners also changes from 60 mph to 90 mph normally after driving for some time by itself. Doesn’t really make sense to me.
It may have something to do with the driver profile (your Porsche ID) cuz it seems it's not stable or loaded right.
Do you have other settings that return to default settings after shutting down the car?
I have (auto parking cameras off, different settings in the driving modes).
My car is in the shop again for connection problems, it doesn't even load my profile anymore...
That's what my (head of) mechanic said.

Last edited:

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Range mode automatically increases to 90mph when you’re programmed a route in the sat nav.

OP
OP
Nickj

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Range mode automatically increases to 90mph when you’re programmed a route in the sat nav.
ah ok, this makes sense and ties in with my journeys and sat nav usage, so I will increase the standard 60mph on the system to something more sensible.
Thanks for solving this mystery.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee