Wattsjr9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I've had my Taycan RWD for about a month. Love it. I'd love to be able to use range mode most of the time, but it seems to be limited to 60 mph and under. Is this right? Can the limitation be lifted or, at least, adjusted upward?
Sponsored

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
Yes - in Range settings and you can raise the Range speed max. - mine is set at 75

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I've had my Taycan RWD for about a month. Love it. I'd love to be able to use range mode most of the time, but it seems to be limited to 60 mph and under. Is this right? Can the limitation be lifted or, at least, adjusted upward?
Yes, it can be lifted….but if you have RWD, the only noticable difference (compared to Normal) is aircondition with default in ECO mode.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Yes - in Range settings and you can raise the Range speed max. - mine is set at 75
And if you mash the accelerator pedal the car will accelerate past the Range Speed Max. The Range Speed Max will reset once you lift off of the accelerator and the speed of the car goes below the Range Speed Max. Sometimes you just need 5 MPH more than what you have the Range Speed Max set to.........................⚡

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Range Mode 1653000226905

Range mode can be set between 55-85 mph in 5mph increments. Besides the 'kickdown' mentioned, you can also exceed the limit if you're coasting downhill. Gravity will let you surpass the range mode setting.

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Since we are talking about range mode, why does the retractable spoiler get deployed in range mode? Doesn't a spoiler create drag thus decreasing the range? Always puzzle me.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Since we are talking about range mode, why does the retractable spoiler get deployed in range mode? Doesn't a spoiler create drag thus decreasing the range? Always puzzle me.
Whether it just reduces lift or also reduces drag depends stronly on the actual flow field for that shape.
It could go eithger way.
I would imagine the lowest drag found in the wind tunnel will be the setting deployed in range mode.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Whether it just reduces lift or also reduces drag depends stronly on the actual flow field for that shape.
It could go eithger way.
I would imagine the lowest drag found in the wind tunnel will be the setting deployed in range mode.
Either that, or the designers think you might as well look cool, while you're driving like Miss Daisy.

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD coming Nov 2021
Country flag
And in Range Mode the gearbox will remain only in 2nd gear, there will be no gear-changing.....

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Excuse my ignorance, but I only picked up my Taycan yesterday and I'm not sure how to increase this limit. Where do I go in the settings to change the limit? Thanks.
The car is amazing, isn't it? 😎
Sponsored