OhRichman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster
Country flag
Long time 718 Boxster owner and I just got an allocation for a Taycan GTS. I'm putting together my configuration and am wondering if anyone has an idea on the range for the 21" Spyder Design Wheels? I like the look of those more than the 20" Taycan Turbos S Wheels. I don't want to reduce my overall range significantly. Thanks for your thoughts.
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
if anyone has an idea on the range for the 21" Spyder Design Wheels?
Should be the same as the 21" Mission E wheels. 220mi to 250mi @ highway speed

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Long time 718 Boxster owner and I just got an allocation for a Taycan GTS. I'm putting together my configuration and am wondering if anyone has an idea on the range for the 21" Spyder Design Wheels? I like the look of those more than the 20" Taycan Turbos S Wheels. I don't want to reduce my overall range significantly. Thanks for your thoughts.
I wouldn't get hung up on it and will make little or no difference given all the other dynamics at play.

In time the range calculator on the Taycan website will be updated with these wheels but for now check any of the other 21" wheels for an indication.u

** Taycan website range calculator section has been updated and the range calculator now lists the GTS models so have a play there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OhRichman

OhRichman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster
Country flag
I wouldn't get hung up on it and will make little or no difference given all the other dynamics at play.

In time the range calculator on the Taycan website will be updated with these wheels but for now check any of the other 21" wheels for an indication.
I’m not aware of the range valvular on the Porsche website. Can you post the link?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No. Go to the Porsche web site select the Taycan and follow the menu there.
Porsche does not provide the range calculator on the U.S. website, perhaps due to domestic regulations. Fortunately the range calculator is available in English on the Porsche UK website.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I believe the range calculator shows that the range reduction is greater from 19 inch wheels to 20 than from 20 to 21

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
The drop from memory is around 15-20 miles

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Currently no Spyder 21" on the config but I agree, it will be very similar to Mission-e wheels.
Porsche Taycan Range with 21" Spyder Design Wheels Képernyőfotó 2021-11-22 - 11.35.27
Porsche Taycan Range with 21" Spyder Design Wheels Képernyőfotó 2021-11-22 - 11.36.06

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Don't get hung up on wheel patterns - 21" / 20" is more relevant and remember these are indicative numbers not representative of how you actually drive nor the ambient conditions. Choose the wheels you like and move on!

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Interestingly the calculator actually shows the 4S Cross Turismo with more range than the ST GTS and the same with the 4s vs GTS saloon. Makes a bit of a mockery of the current 'official' 4S vs GTS range numbers they are quoting on WLTP.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interestingly the calculator actually shows the 4S Cross Turismo with more range than the ST GTS and the same with the 4s vs GTS saloon. Makes a bit of a mockery of the current 'official' 4S vs GTS range numbers they are quoting on WLTP.
I think a full recalibration is required as I'm pretty sure the WLTP calcs are out of date for most models in the range and contradicted elsewhere.

In any event its all hypothetical with marginal differences - we never were concerned with ICE stats so why do we all get hung up now on a few miles here or there? If we are that range anxious we would not let our batteries deplete to such a low extent and so charge to what we need to use on a given day rather than charge to the max by default.

My biggest gripe with all of this is that there is a massive range advantage depending on the climate where you live. Folk in Florida with a PB+ can get up to 340 miles on a 100% charge without too much difficulty whereas we in UK / Europe see 280 miles at best and in winter 220 - 230 at best. We paid the same money and should expect the same range (or a lesser purchase price for not being able to meet the full potential). I know this is a bit of rant but...
Sponsored