PTProspect

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jaguar I-Pace; 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry that this happened to you. Let's hope that there is not some loon out there who just hates Taycans.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AyTifosi

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Sorry to see that happened to your gorgeous Taycan. Did the dealer have the thermally and noise insulated glass in stock or did it need to be ordered ? Best wishes for a fast and well done repair !
I think they had to order one of the windows in. Of course they use the vin to make sure the parts match.

I just got the bill. $3,200.

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I often park in Bellevue downtown too -- can you share which building this was?

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Sent a DM.
Hi, I'm also interested to learn which building you had the problem in. Would you mind sharing? Also, which shop/dealer are you using for the glass repair? I hope insurance is dealing with the costs you're incurring... I know it must suck at this time but I'm sure they'll get your car back in pristine condition.

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A couple of Saturdays ago my car was parked where I work, under a building in Bellevue, out of site from the main road. Twenty-five mins after I parked someone smashed my driver's and the rear passenger window. The Porsche app sent a notiffication to my phone, but as I was in a meeting I didn't see it until about twenty minutes later - unfortunately I didn't hear the car alarm. When I saw the notification, I ran down to find this. Not sure if it was about stealing the car? Thinking there might be something inside (I never leave anything visible in the car), or just someone proving that some humans are not yet far enough from primordial slime and just out smashing windows for fun.

Thankfully other than the top trim piece and two windows, there was no damage. Though as you can imagine I spent a few hours vacuuming glass everywhere. It's getting fixed so in a day or so, this will mostly be a bad memory. I'm taking steps to inscrease security around the building and in the car, which I know is but a higher deterrent, not a solution. All I can do is try to gain back some peice of mind.

My main intention in posting this.. when I was at the dealer someone mentioned that mine was the fourth Taycan in a week. Wanted to at least give everyone a heads up.

Taycan_drivers_side1.jpg
😤

OP
OP
AyTifosi

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: $3,800. Ugh. When I picked the car up the dash had a "egress system not available - please service" notice. I left it there - took two days for them to get to it. Just hadn't been reset. Then after a stop or two, restarted the car and the PCM didn't boot. Ugh. Ugh.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Update: $3,800. Ugh. When I picked the car up the dash had a "egress system not available - please service" notice. I left it there - took two days for them to get to it. Just hadn't been reset. Then after a stop or two, restarted the car and the PCM didn't boot. Ugh. Ugh.
Broken Windows didn’t cause a PCM failure. This sounds like the repair shop competency issue, or Porsche not designing service simple enough for their dealers. If they’re going to charge this kind of money, they should have experts on staff. 😞

OP
OP
AyTifosi

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Broken Windows didn’t cause a PCM failure. This sounds like the repair shop competency issue, or Porsche not designing service simple enough for their dealers. If they’re going to charge this kind of money, they should have experts on staff. 😞
Right. I wasn't insinuating it was related. The SA said that when then got the car it was throwing lots of error codes, they just didn't reset them all. I know the PCM failure it currently a thing. Just lamenting there's another thing to figure out...

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Three questions --
  1. Did your insurance pickup the $3,800? Normally your policy has a Comprehensive component that covers vandalism, broken windshields, and such with a $50 deductible.
  2. Did the dealer say what "egress system" meant? I think that in a collision the windows automatically roll down after air bag inflation to allow for exit. Is this the sort of egress that might have been meant? If it is then it sort of makes sense that when you replace a side window some sort of reset is needed.
  3. I assume you tried a PCM two finger reset - did that not work?
I am so sorry you're having these issues. I hope they get resolved soon.

OP
OP
AyTifosi

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Three questions --
  1. Did your insurance pickup the $3,800? Normally your policy has a Comprehensive component that covers vandalism, broken windshields, and such with a $50 deductible.
  2. Did the dealer say what "egress system" meant? I think that in a collision the windows automatically roll down after air bag inflation to allow for exit. Is this the sort of egress that might have been meant? If it is then it sort of makes sense that when you replace a side window some sort of reset is needed.
  3. I assume you tried a PCM two finger reset - did that not work?
I am so sorry you're having these issues. I hope they get resolved soon.
I'm debating about filing a claim or not. I have another claim that just finished getting paid (different car) and am worried the premium increase would be painful.

The egress system is just the around the car radar system/doors open warning.

The PCM two finger rest didn't work. My understanding is that it might work/not work Intermittently until Porsche comes up with an update. Thanks.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm debating about filing a claim or not. I have another claim that just finished getting paid (different car) and am worried the premium increase would be painful.

The egress system is just the around the car radar system/doors open warning.

The PCM two finger rest didn't work. My understanding is that it might work/not work Intermittently until Porsche comes up with an update. Thanks.
Thanks for the info.

File the claim!! This is what insurance is for, and the rates in WA State are increasing a bit this year anyway regardless of your safe driving and claims history. I'm not sure what you're paying, but $3,800 is several years of premiums.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AyTifosi

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Okay, you're right. I will call and check it out. Thanks for the nudge!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Right. I wasn't insinuating it was related. The SA said that when then got the car it was throwing lots of error codes, they just didn't reset them all. I know the PCM failure it currently a thing. Just lamenting there's another thing to figure out...
If they are related, maybe because PCM got damaged or not setup correctly during the repair, then the repair cost might be part of the same insurance claim. If it's just Taycan parts failing, it should be fully under warranty, replacement car and all, no?

OP
OP
AyTifosi

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Okay, filed a claim under comprehensive, so no impact to my premiums. At least according to my agent. The PCM is working fine again.
Sponsored