Rattle in the Passenger Dashboard Area

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
My Taycan GTS has about 3000 miles and I've recently begun to notice a rattle from the passenger's dashboard area.

I took it to the dealer a few months ago (for a different issue) and asked the service technician to take a look while it was there, I was told that they could not replicate the issue.

That rattle has been driving me crazy since then. My wife thinks that it's coming from the leather dashboard trim above the passenger display, because the rattling noise goes away when she lightly presses that area. It usually happens over 30+ mph on roads that aren't thoroughly smooth. We've tried to take videos to capture to it for next visit to the service department, but unfortunately there's way too much road noise on camera to distinguish anything - even with an iPhone 14 Pro and a GoPro.

I messaged my service advisor about it and he suggested going for a drive together to pinpoint the issue. On the drive there, the rattling noise was present (highway + local roads) so I figure we'd drive on the exact route to finally find where this is coming from. To my surprise, the car was completely silent during that ride with the service advisor - on the exact same route I drove on 15 minutes ago when I could hear the rattling loud and clear. They're waiting on a part for the car arrive and said that they'll keep testing for the rattling noise until then.

I know there's been a few threads on rattling issues already (headrest, b-pillars, puddle lights, etc) - we've looked into all those areas but doesn't seem like it's coming from any of those spots. I think it's from the leather trim on the passenger dashboard area, but I'm completely sure either since the rattling isn't always present and difficult to troubleshoot with certainty.

Has anyone experienced something like this or had luck with the dealer diagnosing the issue?
Sponsored

rbh224

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the same noise from the passenger side. To me, it sounds like its coming from right under the passenger windshield corner. Where the windshield meets the dashboard. I am going to take a friend for a ride soon to help me pinpoint the rattling.

ansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / '23 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Could it be something in the passenger seat that the advisor was mitigating by sitting there?

Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
This is probably unrelated but might be helpful for someone else. I endured a very irritating rattle that sounded as though it was coming from the passenger side seat area. After 10 days of asking others to sit that side the noise we located the rattle was actually coming from the rear parcel shelf. When I checked, one of the retracting side parcel shelf supports had been accidnetally pushed in when moving my bike in and out of the boot. Once moved back into position to support the pacel shelf the rattle stopped!

Susan D

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
My Taycan GTS has about 3000 miles and I've recently begun to notice a rattle from the passenger's dashboard area.

I took it to the dealer a few months ago (for a different issue) and asked the service technician to take a look while it was there, I was told that they could not replicate the issue.

That rattle has been driving me crazy since then. My wife thinks that it's coming from the leather dashboard trim above the passenger display, because the rattling noise goes away when she lightly presses that area. It usually happens over 30+ mph on roads that aren't thoroughly smooth. We've tried to take videos to capture to it for next visit to the service department, but unfortunately there's way too much road noise on camera to distinguish anything - even with an iPhone 14 Pro and a GoPro.

I messaged my service advisor about it and he suggested going for a drive together to pinpoint the issue. On the drive there, the rattling noise was present (highway + local roads) so I figure we'd drive on the exact route to finally find where this is coming from. To my surprise, the car was completely silent during that ride with the service advisor - on the exact same route I drove on 15 minutes ago when I could hear the rattling loud and clear. They're waiting on a part for the car arrive and said that they'll keep testing for the rattling noise until then.

I know there's been a few threads on rattling issues already (headrest, b-pillars, puddle lights, etc) - we've looked into all those areas but doesn't seem like it's coming from any of those spots. I think it's from the leather trim on the passenger dashboard area, but I'm completely sure either since the rattling isn't always present and difficult to troubleshoot with certainty.

Has anyone experienced something like this or had luck with the dealer diagnosing the issue?

Susan D

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan
Country flag
My Taycan is doing the same thing you described. I’m taking it in tomorrow to have them check on it and troubleshoot the source of the rattle under dashboard.
Sponsored