Interior rattle (right rear passenger area)

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
All,

After searching forums, I came up empty. I’m getting an audible rattle/squeak somewhere near the right rear seat or on the deck behind the seat. It’s only audible in motion, but it’s really annoying. I have my ANA6 recall appt next Tuesday but I’m not waiting, I’m driving to the dealer and getting their ears on this, and I’m getting them to find and fix it. Has anyone had a similar issue so I have some arrows in my quiver when I drive in later today? I’m almost certain it’s not a door rattle…there was a long thread about door rattles but I’m confident that’s not the root cause. Any feedback would be appreciated, and yes, I can turn up the music to shroud it, but they are fixing it. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All,

After searching forums, I came up empty. I’m getting an audible rattle/squeak somewhere near the right rear seat or on the deck behind the seat. It’s only audible in motion, but it’s really annoying. I have my ANA6 recall appt next Tuesday but I’m not waiting, I’m driving to the dealer and getting their ears on this, and I’m getting them to find and fix it. Has anyone had a similar issue so I have some arrows in my quiver when I drive in later today? I’m almost certain it’s not a door rattle…there was a long thread about door rattles but I’m confident that’s not the root cause. Any feedback would be appreciated, and yes, I can turn up the music to shroud it, but they are fixing it. Thanks in advance.
Could be the seat belt buckle - adjust the height, or the luggage tag fastener in the boot under the rear shelf accessible and visible from the boot, headrest, others.

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Could be the seat belt buckle - adjust the height, or the luggage tag fastener in the boot under the rear shelf accessible and visible from the boot, headrest, others.
I’ve tried all listed, it almost sounds like a glass or molding rattle. I’ve adjusted head rests, child restraint seat ports, placement of buckle, folded the seat down, etc. I‘m on my way to the dealer in an hour or so…thanks for the feedback.

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
He thinks it is related to the right rear suspension, perhaps the strut and the bushing where it meets the body of the car. If they can scrape up a loaner I’ll leave it today for this issue and the ANA6. We shall see…

Dr Monty

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
I’ve tried all listed, it almost sounds like a glass or molding rattle. I’ve adjusted head rests, child restraint seat ports, placement of buckle, folded the seat down, etc. I‘m on my way to the dealer in an hour or so…thanks for the feedback.
My vehicle has an annoying an persistent rattle that seems to be coming from the interior mirror module or the roof… It only happens on bumpy roads or rumble strips which are pretty common; dealer did something with the mirror module but still persists. ANy thoughts would be welcome.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My vehicle has an annoying an persistent rattle that seems to be coming from the interior mirror module or the roof… It only happens on bumpy roads or rumble strips which are pretty common; dealer did something with the mirror module but still persists. ANy thoughts would be welcome.
It may not be the mirror. Have you checked the headrests in each of the front seats? These are prone to rattling depending on whether the seat is occupied and / or the position of the headrest. Start with the passenger one.

OP
OP
Fsudoles

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine had a similar squeak/rattle, rear passenger side from what I thought was the interior…they pulled both tires and I believe the quarter panels and lubricated the suspension….it worked….it definitely sounded worse over speed bumps and rail road tracks prior to the fix….perhaps ask them if that is an option? The fix was performed in August at Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach, Florida….just in case they want to call the service department. 2022 RWD Taycan.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
As part of investigating my rattle, which is coming from the right rear, I did temporarily remove the parcel shelf. This noise has gone away. I am now in the process of re-attaching the shelf, one piece at a time, to isolate the specific cause. If others that have this issue do the same, we could compare notes on the most ideal fix.

PlugmeIn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 RWD Taycan Gentian Blue
Country flag
I have had my car for about 2 weeks. I love the car but I have a cracking noise that alternates from both rear corners of the back seat. I have plugged both seat belts in and lowered the headrest already. I plan to have them look at it in a week or two when I have time to go into the dealer.
Sponsored