Rattles, creaks and groans

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Hi all. Have posted about this before. Have Mar 21 registered RWD , fully loaded showroom car. Amongst issues with cracked rear screen (from the inside!) , broken and replaced HUD, climate control not holding temperature until set to at least 26 Celsius, I have had the car in with rattles from passenger door at least 11 times. Now the drivers door is doing the same. There is also an occasional creak from the B pillars when cornering to that side and when starting off up an incline. My patience is now surely expired?! Thoughts?
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Sell it and order a another one? ?

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Sounds about right. I had a cracked windscreen four days into ownership. Creeks and rattles seem to be common in the areas you mention - not been able to get mine fixed either.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi all. Have posted about this before. Have Mar 21 registered RWD , fully loaded showroom car. Amongst issues with cracked rear screen (from the inside!) , broken and replaced HUD, climate control not holding temperature until set to at least 26 Celsius, I have had the car in with rattles from passenger door at least 11 times. Now the drivers door is doing the same. There is also an occasional creak from the B pillars when cornering to that side and when starting off up an incline. My patience is now surely expired?! Thoughts?
I would separate things in my mind:

1. Window and HUD unfortunate one offs that couid happen to anyone - fixed (ignore now).

2. Door rattle (11 visits!!) and heating (min 26c) ongoing, not fixed and unacceptable.

I would be putting in writing to dealer and Porsche HQ that you are prepared to attempt one more visit to fix things.
After that you will consider your next course of action under consumer law and will likely be looking to reject the car.

reggie-g75

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 992 C4S, 2020 Panamera GTS ST
Country flag
I have squeaky b pillars, despite the dealer fix and the drivers and near side rear doors have squeaks on certain road surfaces. Had similar issues on the 992 and am really thinking Porsche build quality has gone down the shitter! Yes I am OCD but have spunked a lot of cash of Porkers.. I’ve got some foam and will be trying out some of the hacks to resolve….

OP
OP
Icyfraser

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
I have squeaky b pillars, despite the dealer fix and the drivers and near side rear doors have squeaks on certain road surfaces. Had similar issues on the 992 and am really thinking Porsche build quality has gone down the shitter! Yes I am OCD but have spunked a lot of cash of Porkers.. I’ve got some foam and will be trying out some of the hacks to resolve….
My first Porsche and underwhelmed with the build quality tbh; I may just have been unlucky. I know the driving experience is great but the whole experience is ruined by the ongoing issues. I've had F types, high end BMWs and Mercs...never, ever any issues like this. Any minor niggles quickly sorted...for cars less than half the price. Love the look of the car and the drive but the whole experience is being soured....and only 7 months in!

reggie-g75

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 992 C4S, 2020 Panamera GTS ST
Country flag
My first Porsche and underwhelmed with the build quality tbh; I may just have been unlucky. I know the driving experience is great but the whole experience is ruined by the ongoing issues. I've had F types, high end BMWs and Mercs...never, ever any issues like this. Any minor niggles quickly sorted...for cars less than half the price. Love the look of the car and the drive but the whole experience is being soured....and only 7 months in!
I know what you mean. The 992 4s is just a bit meh and was built on a Monday morning after a heavy weekend. Build quality was dog shit, every interior panel rattled and was refitted, bodged, replaced over a 6-month period by the equally dog shit dealer - Shytner Solihull.

The Taycan TS which I love (just a few niggles - interior trim quality) and a Panamera GTS (wife’s car) which we love and is bulletproof. The Pan is now two years old so the thought of what to replace it with has started, but it won’t be another porker. Wife currently is thinking about a Continental or DBX. We’d always have a big petrol to sit alongside the EV.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
And why should I take the hit for a 'quality' £110k plus car?
You won't take such a big hit with the current status of the used car market.

OP
OP
Icyfraser

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
You won't take such a big hit with the current status of the used car market.
True...but the point I'd I shouldn't need to take a hit at all...seven months old and wasn't intending to change for at least 3 years or so ?‍♂
Sponsored