Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Currently (patiently) waiting on the phone call to say an allocation is available, but given the UK rain over the last few days and the sheer levels of standing water, I'm just wondering if anyone has suffered any ill effects of driving through deep puddles (or small lakes) on the UK roads? I know BMW ICE cars are terrible for failing in even the shallowest of puddles! I get that EV's don't have an air intake...but just wondered if there were any other issues.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Well thats cleared that one up! Thanks

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
No issue yet. What a crummy few days the weather has been in the UK! The real rub is we have a hose pipe ban so you cannot even (easily), clean the crud off in the breaks!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Drove through a ford in Devon yesterday, and made it out the other side without smoke or sparks coming out of my ears.

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
Currently (patiently) waiting on the phone call to say an allocation is available, but given the UK rain over the last few days and the sheer levels of standing water, I'm just wondering if anyone has suffered any ill effects of driving through deep puddles (or small lakes) on the UK roads? I know BMW ICE cars are terrible for failing in even the shallowest of puddles! I get that EV's don't have an air intake...but just wondered if there were any other issues.
Apparently the battery is sealed so that water isn't really an issue (apart from the corrosion risk of driving through deep water). I've driven through too much deep water and it hasn't caused any problems.

Depending on where you live, I would say the UK problem is pot holes .. Heavy car, 21" wheels and UK country roads aren't compatible. I've never blown so many tyres on any single car. This thing just eats them.

Possibly this is a just Northern thing. But it's definitely an issue for some of us (me!).

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
No issue yet. What a crummy few days the weather has been in the UK! The real rub is we have a hose pipe ban so you cannot even (easily), clean the crud off in the breaks!
Can we use a hosepipe as part of a pump to remove flood water or is that illegal still... 🤣

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Last Weekend+Monday I drove CT-T 500+ miles through some of the worst rain I have ever experienced - mixed motorway and country lanes - standing water - unbelievable spray - big splashes from passing cars going through standing water at 60-70mph - and wading reasonably quickly through a few mini-lakes (deepest perhaps 6"-9") - no problems at all.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
One of the main issue with water and ICE is when water get inside the exhaust and make the engine stall. No exhaust = no stall.

I tested it on a EV sport motorbike that crossed a mini-lake better than my GS :CWL:

(and i didn't get electrocuted ;))

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Yes indeed! Tomorrow am for a proper clean...
You mean in the rain ? LOL

I have the ceramic coating so i threw a couple of buckets of water with some car plan and it looked good (but not perfect!)

Will probably do this properly when back from holiday as it's bound to be dirty in the car park!
Sponsored