Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
As promised. I think they came out really nice.
I agree they look good!
In an earlier post you said you had a quote from Europe, but then I think you stated that you ordered your wheels from US? If so could you give me the link to the place in Europe? I have not been able to find a reliable source here at the moment. AEZ do not really reply to information!
Apprecitaed.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
As promised. I think they came out really nice.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p42.jpg
I agree they look good!
In an earlier post you said you had a quote from Europe, but then I think you stated that you ordered your wheels from US? If so could you give me the link to the place in Europe? I have not been able to find a reliable source here at the moment. AEZ do not really reply to information!
Apprecitaed.
Sure

I ordered the wheels and TPMS sensors from Performancealloys.com (UK). Jason was very helpful. Price was very reasonable. Since you are in France, the cost of shipping is going to be much lower than here, but I suspect you will need to pay the VAT. Probably you can order the complete package (mounted tires + TPMS) also from them.

There is a German site that sells on ebay the same wheel and tire package but with the silver rims (check the link). I wonder if you contact them if they can do the Panama dark wheels instead.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for your help!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sure

I ordered the wheels and TPMS sensors from Performancealloys.com (UK). Jason was very helpful. Price was very reasonable. Since you are in France, the cost of shipping is going to be much lower than here, but I suspect you will need to pay the VAT. Probably you can order the complete package (mounted tires + TPMS) also from them.

There is a German site that sells on ebay the same wheel and tire package but with the silver rims (check the link). I wonder if you contact them if they can do the Panama dark wheels instead.
What was the cost, if you don’t mind my asking? And what was the shipping cost? It must have been a lot! Why didn’t you order wheels from a place in the US?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
What was the cost, if you don’t mind my asking? And what was the shipping cost? It must have been a lot! Why didn’t you order wheels from a place in the US?
Dave,

Cost:
Cost was very reasonable (I think): $1850 for the 4 wheels + 4 TPMS, including shipping (original shipping for the wheels was $250, but TNT just hikes their quote so I had to pay another ~$100; the 1850 is with everything included). If you add the cost of the P Zero winter (tirerack) at $1743 (shipping and tax included) you are looking at ~3600 for the package. The cheapest OEM from Porsche is the 19" (4600 + tax; I really do not like those) and 20" are $5796 or $6150 + tax. I asked my dealer, they did not have any rebates for the Taycan. 6k was just too much for my taste.

Why not order in US:
I am not knowledgeable enough about wheels to order them by myself. Tirerack and Discounttire do not have wheels for the Taycan on their online configurator. When I called, the guys told me they did not get to the actual wheel measurements for a lot of 2020 model because of the Covid thing. CarID has Taycan wheels on the configurator, and actually some very beautiful ones. When you go on the site you see the offsets are listed as intervals rather than granular values - and I could not figure out if those are exactly what I wanted, plus all needed extra hardware for mounting. The local discounttire showed me some Victor wheels which I did not like. So it was internet again.

The AEZ Panama wheels I ordered seem like a dedicated effort by a German company for Porsche aftermarket, and the site lists them when you search for Taycan. On top of that, the site I linked in the previous post and that sells all the Porsche OEM wheels also has the AEZ package. So I figured someone in Germany must have done the checking that they are a good fit. The fact that they do not need a centering ring or different bolts was a bonus.

The import process was fairly smooth - Porschealloys provided the customs form that you need in order to import them in US. There is a link in the document to the original TUV certification of these specific AEZ wheels (German equivalent of DOT; TUV certification is very strict, so I was reassured about quality)

What I have learned from the experience is that I should have talked with one of the local tire shops and have them ordered and delivered at their place. It was a pain to transport the wheels and tires to the shop....

Last edited:

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
And the parameters are: AEZ Panama Dark gunmetal polished
Fronts: 9.0J x 20 ET 50; center bore 71.6, bolt pattern 5x130
Rears: 10.5 J x 20 ET 64; center bore 71.6, bolt pattern 5x130

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dave,

Cost:
Cost was very reasonable (I think): $1850 for the 4 wheels + 4 TPMS, including shipping (original shipping for the wheels was $250, but TNT just hikes their quote so I had to pay another ~$100; the 1850 is with everything included). If you add the cost of the P Zero winter (tirerack) at $1743 (shipping and tax included) you are looking at ~3600 for the package. The cheapest OEM from Porsche is the 19" (4600 + tax; I really do not like those) and 20" are $5796 or $6150 + tax. I asked my dealer, they did not have any rebates for the Taycan. 6k was just too much for my taste.

Why not order in US:
I am not knowledgeable enough about wheels to order them by myself. Tirerack and Discounttire do not have wheels for the Taycan on their online configurator. When I called, the guys told me they did not get to the actual wheel measurements for a lot of 2020 model because of the Covid thing. CarID has Taycan wheels on the configurator, and actually some very beautiful ones. When you go on the site you see the offsets are listed as intervals rather than granular values - and I could not figure out if those are exactly what I wanted, plus all needed extra hardware for mounting. The local discounttire showed me some Victor wheels which I did not like. So it was internet again.

The AEZ Panama wheels I ordered seem like a dedicated effort by a German company for Porsche aftermarket, and the site lists them when you search for Taycan. On top of that, the site I linked in the previous post and that sells all the Porsche OEM wheels also has the AEZ package. So I figured someone in Germany must have done the checking that they are a good fit. The fact that they do not need a centering ring or different bolts was a bonus.

The import process was fairly smooth - Porschealloys provided the customs form that you need in order to import them in US. There is a link in the document to the original TUV certification of these specific AEZ wheels (German equivalent of DOT; TUV certification is very strict, so I was reassured about quality)

What I have learned from the experience is that I should have talked with one of the local tire shops and have them ordered and delivered at their place. It was a pain to transport the wheels and tires to the shop....
Thanks! I just might copy you and get the same. Right now, Performance Alloys' website crashes when I put in Taycan where you select your car. And it asks me whether or not my car is a "Y1A" model, I don't know what that means. I emailed Performance Alloys, hopefully they'll fix it.

Also - why didn't you just get your tires from them, too, so they could mount them?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Thanks! I just might copy you and get the same. Right now, Performance Alloys' website crashes when I put in Taycan where you select your car. And it asks me whether or not my car is a "Y1A" model, I don't know what that means. I emailed Performance Alloys, hopefully they'll fix it.

Also - why didn't you just get your tires from them, too, so they could mount them?
Search them by brand (AEZ) and model (Panama). Select then the staggered setup

Porsche Taycan Ready for winter 1603275740067

Fronts: 9.0J x 20 ET 50; center bore 71.6, bolt pattern 5x130
Rears: 10.5 J x 20 ET 64; center bore 71.6, bolt pattern 5x130

Also Jason there was very helpful ([email protected]).

Incidentally, we had the first snow yesterday - the wheel / tire combo works great.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag

Originally I could not find wheels online (within my limitations in regard to what wheel will fit) so I got the tires from tirerack with plans to swap on the original rims. Wifey talked some sense into me and I kept looking, found that performancealloys will ship to US (they only have EU deliveries from most online retailers that carry them).

The other thing is shipping cost may be higher if you do both tires and wheels - check with Jason. The online tool underestimated the cost for delivery, they had to adjust the invoice. Total cost was still very reasonable.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So your winter wheels are the same size as your summers? I was thinking it would be better to get narrower wheels for the snows.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
So your winter wheels are the same size as your summers? I was thinking it would be better to get narrower wheels for the snows.
That is the conventional wisdom - go smaller and narrow. On the Merc E-coupe I had before, I did not find a combo that I liked from tirerack, so I bought the AMG winter-wheel package from Mercedes, Those were staggered and larger than the all-seasons non-staggered the car came with. Surprisingly, it was the best winter car experience I ever had. It had Pilot Alpin, so it may be the tire (although I always ordered high-end winter tires for many other cars) or the Mercedes implementation of AWD (although I had high-end Audi, BMW, Infiniti all AWD in the past). I figured I'll try the same with the Taycan, will see if it was the correct choice. So far so good with yesterday's snow.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is the conventional wisdom - go smaller and narrow. On the Merc E-coupe I had before, I did not find a combo that I liked from tirerack, so I bought the AMG winter-wheel package from Mercedes, Those were staggered and larger than the all-seasons non-staggered the car came with. Surprisingly, it was the best winter car experience I ever had. It had Pilot Alpin, so it may be the tire (although I always ordered high-end winter tires for many other cars) or the Mercedes implementation of AWD (although I had high-end Audi, BMW, Infiniti all AWD in the past). I figured I'll try the same with the Taycan, will see if it was the correct choice. So far so good with yesterday's snow.
I guess a lot of that wisdom came from the era of ICE cars, perhaps also only rear wheel drive? Now that we have 4 wheel drive with lightning fast ant Slip control etc we probably have to learn new things. Looking at some of the winter driving that was done in the north of Sweden and Finland last year, it looks very promising to drive the Taycan in snow and winter roads.

All of that is probably also a big factor why the car is so well behaved in summer conditions on fast bendy roads.
Sponsored