Rear seat space.......

rossy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
Country flag
Hi all

New member here..... currently have a Jaguar iPace and am getting ready to order my next car. Without question my car of choice would be the Taycan (likely Sport Turismo 4S) - but my only concern is around rear seat space as we are a family of 5 (kids aged 14, 12, 8) and whilst they can comfortably fit in the back of Jag - I'm finding it really hard to find any comparative info re space at back of Taycan.

Any help or advice would be appreciated (and yes - I do intend on going to a dealership with full family to try it out - but just struggling to find time at moment!)

Thanks!
Sponsored

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I can sit reasonably comfortably in the rear of an ST and I'm 6'4 and many years past slim, but not in the middle seat, I think it's very much an occasional seat for dad taxi runs.

OP
OP

rossy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
Country flag
Thanks. I have no concerns re the outer seats (I sat in and was great)...... is more around that middle seat and when the 3 kids in back (especially for a reasonably long journey). Need to somehow get a decent comparison of size to Jag.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Thanks. I have no concerns re the outer seats (I sat in and was great)...... is more around that middle seat and when the 3 kids in back (especially for a reasonably long journey). Need to somehow get a decent comparison of size to Jag.
The 8yr old isn't going to be happy! Suggest you go to showroom and sit in back of one. But occasional short haul is all i'd say it is any use for.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I would definitely go to a Porsche Centre and see for yourself. Unlike most other EVs, the Taycan doesn't have a flat floor. That's how they managed to make the car so low while still retaining an acceptable amount of headroom.

The drawback is that the middle seat is pretty cramped.

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
I have 3 kids, the youngest is 7 and the middle seat is just about OK. He sits with his feet on the drivers centre arm rest on a longer journey. Not done anything significant really yet though where the size has been an issue.

CT/ST is much better height wise in the back than the Saloon.

I think only you can decide how often you'll have 3 abreast in the back and for how long then if the space is suitable. Its not ideal thats for sure, they will be right in each others grills.

Having said that my eldest now doesn't really want to go anywhere with the rest of us unless she can help it so the problem is sort of solving itself!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all

New member here..... currently have a Jaguar iPace and am getting ready to order my next car. Without question my car of choice would be the Taycan (likely Sport Turismo 4S) - but my only concern is around rear seat space as we are a family of 5 (kids aged 14, 12, 8) and whilst they can comfortably fit in the back of Jag - I'm finding it really hard to find any comparative info re space at back of Taycan.

Any help or advice would be appreciated (and yes - I do intend on going to a dealership with full family to try it out - but just struggling to find time at moment!)

Thanks!
Bear in mind this is a 4+1 car and not a true 5 seater. Central seat (+1) is narrow and uncomfortable for long journeys.

Leg room should be fine depending on the front seat positions (obviously).

As others suggest - sit the kids in any 4+1 Taycan model to gauge the practicality of it. Saloon has slightly less headroom due to the sloping roof.

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
What others said about trying it out, but if you don't I would suggest no because even though I have the 4+1 option it really is a 4 seater with the short term option of carrying an extra person.
There are other cars better at carry 5.

Reactions: B61

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Ask to borrow one for an extended test drive, my dealership was very obliging and let me take a CT home so I could check it would fit on my drive. You need to take the kids on a drive that's long enough for the novelty factor to wear off, into 'are we nearly there' territory 🙂

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How tall is your 8 year old? Do they still need a booster seat to have the seat belt at the right height? If so, that will really make things cramped as well.

OP
OP

rossy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
Country flag
How tall is your 8 year old? Do they still need a booster seat to have the seat belt at the right height? If so, that will really make things cramped as well.
By time I would get car they should no longer need a booster.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have had three adults back there and no real complaints. It was just for rides to dinner and back. The hump might impact leg room though. My 80 pound lab might give you an idea on spacing. :)
Porsche Taycan Rear seat space....... Backseat

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
We have two kids. Occasionally we take one of their friends. They are 11 and 13. The middle seat is clearly higher and they are “sitting on the saddle”. I think the 13 year old ones would hit the pano roof in a sedan, I have a CT. It is not a comfortable place for longer journeys. For holidays I would chose something else.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I suggest you get rid of one of your kids and then buy this car. It will cost less and you’ll be happier 🤣
Sponsored