Rear spoiler always up

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
It is odd as every other Porsche has the "pose look at me button".
Indeed. Guy living not far from me always has his Panamera in his driveway, and always with the spoiler up. ???? Looks dumb if you ask me.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My original point was, if it does some good at a particular position in range mode, why doesn't normal mode do the same? Also same idea, if it is useful in sport mode, why not use that in other modes given certain parameters(speed, grip etc). It almost feels like marketing selected a power spoiler and the engineers could only figure out limited uses for it so didn't bother using it in normal mode, maybe use it less to keep it from breaking? lol
German "humor" is hard to understand, right?
I mean, "Turbo" on an EV...
Three screens to distract you but the fourth one is disabled..."for safety reasons" which will cost you €1500.
Right.

Some things we'll never understand but hé, it drives fantastic, luckily. :)

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Indeed. Guy living not far from me always has his Panamera in his driveway, and always with the spoiler up. ???? Looks dumb if you ask me.
Coincidentally I saw one standing yesterday, with the spoiler out.
Indeed, ridiculous.

Sean4510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Is this the height at the highest stage? (stage 3)? I drive in Sport Plus all the time and my understanding is that it raises to stage 3 at 55 mph..

GT_Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Bumping this thread...

Has anyone figured out how to manually raise the rear spoiler or put it in service mode? (I am not talking about cleaning position...that I know how to do. I need the spoiler higher). I have the rear emblem template to put a black emblem on my taycan - the template needs the spoiler to be in its highest position or in service mode. The cleaning position is not high enough for template to fit.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Bumping this thread...

I have the rear emblem template to put a black emblem on my taycan - the template needs the spoiler to be in its highest position or in service mode. The cleaning position is not high enough for template to fit.
There's a detailed thread from someone who replaced the rear light themselves. I believe they removed the spoiler entirely, as it's my understanding you can't raise it beyond cleaning mode without PIWIS.

Edit: Yep, here it is.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is this the height at the highest stage? (stage 3)? I drive in Sport Plus all the time and my understanding is that it raises to stage 3 at 55 mph..
Here are the spoiler deployment speeds in various modes.

Porsche Taycan Rear spoiler always up 20BC6D8E-798D-44A8-BD28-CAD91BE03FB5

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Bumping this thread...

Has anyone figured out how to manually raise the rear spoiler or put it in service mode? (I am not talking about cleaning position...that I know how to do. I need the spoiler higher). I have the rear emblem template to put a black emblem on my taycan - the template needs the spoiler to be in its highest position or in service mode. The cleaning position is not high enough for template to fit.
You can't without the PIWIS setup as used by the dealership

The Noid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Base
Country flag
So even my 2023 Base has a spoiler that pops up at certain times when driving?
Sponsored