Aftermarket rear spoiler

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Your sensibilities are personal as is the guy who opts for the spoiler. thank god we all don't drive the same color, same optioned Taycan, and there is choice...
Eventful day on the forum. First a vigorous climate change kerfuffle and now a pro-choice debate ;)
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
ha! Well, not everything that is good would pass the engineering test. And, esthetics are at best personal.

That's why engineers tend to stay away from sales and marketing (except the really good ones). Also, show me a product on the planet that is so well designed that it doesn't need something to appeal to a wider audience.

Your sensibilities are personal as is the guy who opts for the spoiler. thank god we all don't drive the same color, same optioned Taycan, and there is choice...
Yes, esthetics are personal. Yes, my sensibilities are personal. Yes, my opinion is personal.

And I freely admit that my post was expressing a personal opinion, to which I believe I'm entitled, just as you are entitled to yours.

Was there something else?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am wondering (opinion!) whether the whole aftermarket thing might start to die out.....?

It was suited to ICE cars, as it often improved things - but would actually seem to be mostly detrimental to EVs.

Evidence is, I don't think I have ever seen a Tesla that has been modded (they all just look the same as far as I can tell anyway) round where we live.

Appreciate that some will always want to personalise their car, but if it comes at the expense of range and performance, I see this being a far smaller minority in the future.

'Performance exhaust' are the extreme example, but may provide an indicator for the whole aftermarket sector.

Just my 02p.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am wondering (opinion!) whether the whole aftermarket thing might start to die out.....?

It was suited to ICE cars, as it often improved things - but would actually seem to be mostly detrimental to EVs.

Evidence is, I don't think I have ever seen a Tesla that has been modded (they all just look the same as far as I can tell anyway) round where we live.

Appreciate that some will always want to personalise their car, but if it comes at the expense of range and performance, I see this being a far smaller minority in the future.

'Performance exhaust' are the extreme example, but may provide an indicator for the whole aftermarket sector.

Just my 02p.
My thought (opinion) is that the current owners of Taycan and Tesla; electric cars in general is that they aren't really interested in aftermarket.

Taycan is interesting because you have 3 segments converging and none of them are apt to mods - the electric car buyer, the upper market buyer, and finally the Porsche purist. Case in point here, if you look in the 'modifications' section the average person is asking about PPF or logo changes. There is a thread on wheels but that's about as heavy as it gets with a few exceptions. Also, at the moment the choices are just starting to trickle out...

As the electric car becomes more mainstream, I suspect you will see more that have personal touches. To your point, it won't be exhausts; however there is a lot you can play with. I don't think we see much towards performance mods because EVs already do some amazing stats out of the gate. That said, I'm sure that will be an area that is eventually explored as its already done with ICE ECUs.

I've had 2 Teslas prior to this car, and I modified them without a second thought. I'm already playing around with ideas for the Taycan; nothing crazy, but changes nonetheless. For the Tesla, it made both MUCH easier to sell when I was done. And, as for range impact, it was nominal - also, consider the average person commutes less than 75 miles a day.

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 8.32.40 AM

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 8.32.51 AM

Last edited:

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Further to my earlier thoughts on the aftermarket community - SEMA is playing out in Las Vegas this week. US based but globally recognized as the place to see what is coming from the aftermarket and car modification community. Pretty much every big name you can think of in this space is either attending or showing their work.

There are quite a few electric options being displayed. Wheels, engine swappers, mods to new and reinvention of old...here is one of the wild examples of electric car representation - Id bet they are just getting started:

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 7.59.03 AM

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Don’t like that big wing but that small spoiler under may look really nice.

mco

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone with a body painted decklid spoiler?

Raymond Wever

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7 ( 4 )-VW Transporter 6.1 ( Bulli )-VW Buggy-Ferrari 458 ( Italia )-Alfa SZ-Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My Prior Design rear spoiler

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler Screenshot_20230823_222951_Facebook

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler Screenshot_20230823_223103_Facebook

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler Screenshot_20230823_223047_Facebook

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Flat 6 looks good but it would look so much better if it had three pieces. With the other pieces continuing past the trunk

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
Seven years of racing taught me a vital lesson - any change in aero on the back has to be matched by a change of aero upfront. The same goes for any changes in suspension geometry.
You do you, as the saying goes, but maybe consider Porsche engineers optimized the heck out of this car and that stick-on aero may cause issues when you expect it least.

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Why not just paint the spoiler on your car in some contrasting colour. Then people will se you have an spoiler. And all aero is kept intact.

PRIdEVisions

First Name
Davy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wanted to order this one, but one issue though, I e-mailed them, asking if the diffuser and spoiler would fit the 4S, they said it would not fit, I'm really curious as of why the spoiler would not fit? It was only for the Turbo S Models he said...

I can understand why the diffuser would not fit, but the spoiler???

Anyone knows why? The trunk spoiler seems to be the same as the Turbo S models?

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler 1703772881712

mco

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My taste for large amounts of carbon fiber are gone (though there are some bits and pieces of carbon - cf mirrors and license plate holder :CWL: ). I opted to paint the cf Zyrus 3pc spoiler purchased a while back. The carbon was nice, but I like the subtlety of body colored pieces. The body colored Dolomite Silver spoiler and mission-E wheels are just enough to give me the OEM+ look I was looking for.

I do think this spoiler looks stupid in the various "up" positions. So ironically, this makes me want to drive the turbo slower so the spoiler doesn't go up...:facepalm:

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 12.13.07 PM

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket rear spoiler Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 12.13.01 PM