Rearrange Icons Lower Center Screen?

Explorer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, 992C4S, MB GLE 350 de
Country flag
Hi
Been trying to find how to rearrange/add shortcuts to the lower center display. Judging from below photos, it should be possible?!
Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
Porsche Taycan Rearrange Icons Lower Center Screen? 039EFC87-1016-4EAD-9C8E-D43B87F3BEBF
Porsche Taycan Rearrange Icons Lower Center Screen? FDD7DCA4-0E2E-4C4E-8AFE-FC16DA017F23

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi
Been trying to find how to rearrange/add shortcuts to the lower center display. Judging from below photos, it should be possible?!
039EFC87-1016-4EAD-9C8E-D43B87F3BEBF.jpeg
FDD7DCA4-0E2E-4C4E-8AFE-FC16DA017F23.jpeg
You can't.

You can only rearrange the central display tiles and icons.

The order of the lower display may differ for RHD and LHD vehicles.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
As W1NGE said, you can’t. The reason the pics you posted look different is because CarPlay is connected and will appear as a 5th icon in the lower center panel. You can customize the set of icons on the left column as well as the main set of icons in the center screen though

I find it quite humorous to see so many redundant icons within an arm’s reach. Anyone else?
Porsche Taycan Rearrange Icons Lower Center Screen? 28EF93F3-706B-4F7B-9CD9-3A419F8E2C3E

Porsche Taycan Rearrange Icons Lower Center Screen? 5D124A84-29EE-434B-80A9-B80F28C67A50

OP
OP
Explorer

Explorer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, 992C4S, MB GLE 350 de
Country flag
As W1NGE said, you can’t. The reason the pics you posted look different is because CarPlay is connected and will appear as a 5th icon in the lower center panel. You can customize the set of icons on the left column as well as the main set of icons in the center screen though

I find it quite humorous to see so many redundant icons within an arm’s reach. Anyone else?
28EF93F3-706B-4F7B-9CD9-3A419F8E2C3E.jpeg

5D124A84-29EE-434B-80A9-B80F28C67A50.jpeg
Ok thanks!

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi
039EFC87-1016-4EAD-9C8E-D43B87F3BEBF.jpeg
FDD7DCA4-0E2E-4C4E-8AFE-FC16DA017F23.jpeg
Question along the same lines. I just got a new iPhone and when I connected it, I lost the icon on the lower screen, corner right just like the pic above. For me, it’s a better reach. Any thoughts on how to enable or get the icon back. Thanks!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Question along the same lines. I just got a new iPhone and when I connected it, I lost the icon on the lower screen, corner right just like the pic above. For me, it’s a better reach. Any thoughts on how to enable or get the icon back. Thanks!
You can't configure this area.

The icons change depending on whether you have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay active - if not then the icon disappears from the lower screen.

You can rearrange the main icons on the central display.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can't configure this area.

The icons change depending on whether you have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay active - if not then the icon disappears from the lower screen.

You can rearrange the main icons on the central display.
That what I thought. Mine is always active but for some reason the icon is not reappearing. I will try to reset it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Funflier

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
That what I thought. Mine is always active but for some reason the icon is not reappearing. I will try to reset it. Thanks for the quick reply.
I know this is an older thread, but wondering if you every figured out why the lower panel icon disappeared. Mine disappeared this week, but I didn't get a new phone and I didn't run any updates--of course something could have updated in the background without me knowing... Trying to get my Android Auto icon back on the lower center screen!

Update--reading other threads in this forum, I learned that you can hide the lower menu by tapping what looks like a slider tab that is visible above the sync button when the car is in park. I must have hit it inadvertently not even knowing that it was there. Menu icons are back on the lower screen again...

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I know this is an older thread, but wondering if you every figured out why the lower panel icon disappeared. Mine disappeared this week, but I didn't get a new phone and I didn't run any updates--of course something could have updated in the background without me knowing... Trying to get my Android Auto icon back on the lower center screen!

Update--reading other threads in this forum, I learned that you can hide the lower menu by tapping what looks like a slider tab that is visible above the sync button when the car is in park. I must have hit it inadvertently not even knowing that it was there. Menu icons are back on the lower screen again...
Hamburger button, available when in P.
Sponsored