Recent experiences with PEC LA Delivery?

Ethannnn

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gts
Country flag
Hi. I have a GTS scheduled for PECLA. Is the TYD estimated delivery date for pick up at PECLA or should I anticipate further delays?
Sponsored

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi. I have a GTS scheduled for PECLA. Is the TYD estimated delivery date for pick up at PECLA or should I anticipate further delays?
The TYD estimate delivery date is for PECLA arrival, afaik. You still have to schedule with PECLA for an actual pick up date, which is probably going to be few weeks after what’s shown on TYD.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Is it normal for the dealership to request payment prior to the car arriving at PEC or the date being scheduled? My car is still stuck in port due to Burm amp and software updates.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Is it normal for the dealership to request payment prior to the car arriving at PEC or the date being scheduled? My car is still stuck in port due to Burm amp and software updates.
Per PECLA, the car needs to be paid for and insurance active before you can take delivery.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Per PECLA, the car needs to be paid for and insurance active before you can take delivery.
Well this is interesting. The CU I'm planning on using typically does not cut the cheque until the car is going to be picked up.

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
PEC will reach out to you to schedule a day for pickup once your car is on a vessel. In my case its approximately 4 weeks out from the time the car is scheduled to reach PEC.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PEC LA hasn’t scheduled a time with me yet and my car is already at Benecia. I emailed them and they said they’ll schedule once the Burmester amp is installed. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

Jsuo19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Country flag
FYI, My TYD date to PECLA was 7/15 and I'm confirmed for pick up on 8/3. Looking forward to it!
Great to hear you only had to wait two weeks from delivery to PECLA and your pick up...makes me feel a bit better about what I might experience in September

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car arrived in port 5/28 and has been in processing since. It's missing the Burm amp and some software updates. Apparently PEC LA won't schedule until the car has been cleared. After some following up with PCNA, It sounds like there are a few available dates mid July for those that are curious.

First Name
Smitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I spoke to my Atlanta dealer today for my PEC LA delivery, he told me they do not get delayed, but maybe he meant because I have been locked in for that since I ordered. I was told six months to take delivery and I ordered Jan 7 and receive the car July 6. I will say, this makes sense though because tracking is showing the car should be in Los Angeles June 10 so that would account for a four week delay for the PEC

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
PEC in LA or Atlanta do not have the capability of doing more than one pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and clean/detail at once, weirdly, so there is often a couple weeks necessary between when it arrives to PEC and when they can deliver it.

PEC delivery will always take at least 7-10 days longer than if you ship it to your dealer.
Sponsored