First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Happy Holidays, everyone!

So, I recently took my TT in for a couple of software updates, but now my remote climate control function with the MyPorsche app doesn't work -- the button just spins (see screenshot). I've reinstalled the app (didn't fix it), I've reached out to my person at the dealership (they weren't helpful), and I've searched this forum but couldn't find anything (famous last words, I know ...). Has anyone encountered this problem? I am in Boston and would love to pre-heat my car given the temperature. Thank you, in advance, for any tips (including if I have somehow missed the thread on the topic, which is possible).

Porsche Taycan Remote climate control not working IMG_4481
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you manually start pre-heating, in the car? Does the cabin heater work when you drive?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
So, I recently took my TT in for a couple of software updates, but now my remote climate control function with the MyPorsche app doesn't work -- the button just spins (see screenshot).
In some cases, it spins, but heating start to work anyway.

OP
OP
Todd Rose

Todd Rose

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can you manually start pre-heating, in the car? Does the cabin heater work when you drive?
Great question. I just went and checked and it looks like the answer is no. On the upper screen it the precool/heat is set to off (see image ... sorry for the rotation) and it cannot be activated. To the right (which didn't get full captured in the image) it says that there is a systems error. I guess I have a bigger problem.

Porsche Taycan Remote climate control not working tempImagekmKJ1V

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes. I had the same error message. Required electric heater replacement. Check the many threads on forum about heater problems.

OP
OP
Todd Rose

Todd Rose

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes. I had the same error message. Required electric heater replacement. Check the many threads on forum about heater problems.
Thank you, will do.

Funflier

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Message to OP--I have the exact error message and app issue that you reported. Seems this surfaced after my software update in September. Nice fall weather at the time didn't require much if any preconditioning, so not sure I noticed immediately. Let us know if you have any updates. I did check out the heater failure post (impressive collection of information), but I haven't had any problems with the heater while the car is operating (yet).

OP
OP
Todd Rose

Todd Rose

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Message to OP--I have the exact error message and app issue that you reported. Seems this surfaced after my software update in September. Nice fall weather at the time didn't require much if any preconditioning, so not sure I noticed immediately. Let us know if you have any updates. I did check out the heater failure post (impressive collection of information), but I haven't had any problems with the heater while the car is operating (yet).
Same for me. Oddly, after the software update I am occasionally getting the "electrical system error: service necessary" warning, but if I turn it off and on again it goes away. Still, I have an appointment with my dealership next Tuesday so hopefully I will know more at that point. They did tell me that the precool/heat issue is something they are seeing a lot of right now. I hope in this case it is just a software problem and not something bigger. Fingers crossed. I'll let you know what I find out when I get my car back next week.

OP
OP
Todd Rose

Todd Rose

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got the car back from the dealership. In my case, the problem was an AC pressure sensor (PT1) that is known to have problems. They replaced that and also two additional sensors (PT2, PT3) that they said had "outdated part numbers" (meaning they were known to have problems, but hadn't been updated in my car). So far this seems to have done the trick, although I have only had my car back for about 24 hours. If it acts up again I'll let everyone know.
Sponsored