Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had the car for a month and I just tried launch control last night. I was about 73% SoC and I was using Sport Plus, the very first launch control seemed a little sluggish take off but the second and third were spot-on. My two boys agreed, my older was quite impressed with how fast it could accelerate 5,000 lb.

Next time I get down to a low state of charge I will test it to see if I can enter launch control but I feel confident it would work down to 20% at least.
I need some advice on Launch control please as a new 4S owner.
I have tried with adequate battery, decent temperature, put it into Sport, held down brake, press down accelerator, and let go. Yes it was quick but are you meant to wait until a Launch Control symbol is displayed on the dash? If so, does the dash set-up have to be in a particular setting?
Any tips greatly appreciated please.
V
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I need some advice on Launch control please as a new 4S owner.
I have tried with adequate battery, decent temperature, put it into Sport, held down brake, press down accelerator, and let go. Yes it was quick but are you meant to wait until a Launch Control symbol is displayed on the dash? If so, does the dash set-up have to be in a particular setting?
Any tips greatly appreciated please.
V
If you are in sport mode and have your foot on the brake and then hold down the accelerator to the floor you should hear a chime within a few seconds and a message in the right circular dial saying launch control activated. If that is not happening for you I would suggest checking with a dealership/service center.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Make sure you are in sport or sport plus
That’s a good point. I saw that @Valerian said the car was in Sport mode, but without the Sport Chrono package you must set this via the pcm. In there you can set the suspension to Sport without setting the Drive Mode to Sport. I guess I’m saying just be sure you are fully in Sport mode.
I guess there is a shortcut on lower center screen. Page from Good to Know app.
Porsche Taycan Launch Control Not Working 5707BD8E-25F9-49F1-95EB-2C8C47369744

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s a good point. I saw that @Valerian said the car was in Sport mode, but without the Sport Chrono package you must set this via the pcm. In there you can set the suspension to Sport without setting the Drive Mode to Sport. I guess I’m saying just be sure you are fully in Sport mode.
I guess there is a shortcut on lower center screen. Page from Good to Know app.
5707BD8E-25F9-49F1-95EB-2C8C47369744.jpeg
Thanks. I thought I had selected sport mode via the control on the right of the right hand dash display. It says sport and if you touch again sport plus but I never got the launch control ping Etc. I will try putting into sport mode via the central console tomorrow and see if that works. Thanks.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. I thought I had selected sport mode via the control on the right of the right hand dash display. It says sport and if you touch again sport plus but I never got the launch control ping Etc. I will try putting into sport mode via the central console tomorrow and see if that works. Thanks.
I see a few more dependencies in the Good to Know app:

Driving off with Launch Control
Vehicle at a standstill.
Operational readiness achieved.
Steering wheel not turned.
D drive position selected.
SPORT or SPORT PLUS driving mode activated.
  1. Depress the brake pedal with the left foot.
  2. Quickly depress the accelerator pedal fully and hold it down.
    A message appears on the instrument cluster.
  3. Quickly release the brake pedal again.
The vehicle accelerates at the maximum rate.

Note: I added the word “release” in step three above as it was missing and I see no easy way to give Porsche feedback.

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I see a few more dependencies in the Good to Know app:

Driving off with Launch Control
Vehicle at a standstill.
Operational readiness achieved.
Steering wheel not turned.
D drive position selected.
SPORT or SPORT PLUS driving mode activated.
  1. Depress the brake pedal with the left foot.
  2. Quickly depress the accelerator pedal fully and hold it down.
    A message appears on the instrument cluster.
  3. Quickly release the brake pedal again.
The vehicle accelerates at the maximum rate.

Note: I added the word “release” in step three above as it was missing and I see no easy way to give Porsche feedback.
Thanks. Maybe not try today as snowing
Porsche Taycan Launch Control Not Working 110C9006-D383-4C2F-A739-25C0E661C39B

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey All.
Launch control is not working for me. Took it to dealership who told me they found a fault and software update has rectified it. Launch control was working fine for 24hours but it has stopped working again! Anyone with similar experience and/or know why this could be happening? Thanks
I tried the same today but didn't launch...like others might have suggested its probably weather related. You're from Manchester, as am I and it has been pretty cold

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
I experienced the same thing (launch control not working).
I suspect the battery temperature has something to do with it (vinter and low batt. temp)?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ok..so I charged my car to 85%, temp on battery was about 29 centigrade and lauch worked
And did you have an indelible grin for a few seconds afterwards ...?

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
I'm quite sure that the Battery temp has something to say in this matter.

Last night: Batt. temp. = 5 degrees, 58% SOC, outside temp. = -13 degrees and Sport-mode, the Launch control didn't work.

A couple of days ago: Batt. temp. = 15 degrees, 69% SOC, outside temp. = -9 degrees and Sport-mode, the Launch control worked perfectly.