Remote ParkAssist - minimal width for perpendicular parking?

Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I know that for parallel parking, at least [80 cm + car length] is required for Remote ParkAssist to detect and park in a spot. Does anyone know how much is needed for perpendicular parking? Will 240 cm width be sufficient for Taycan to detect a spot and park in it? Did someone perhaps tried to use the function in such narrow space?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The manual 2.6m is before the update. Porsche hasn’t specified what the new value is yet, manual should be updated at some point.

OP
OP

Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The manual 2.6m is before the update. Porsche hasn’t specified what the new value is yet, manual should be updated at some point.

Is the manual updated already for new values after new version was rolled out, or still isn't updated? Can I check the newest version of the manual myself somewhere while waiting for my Taycan? :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is the manual updated already for new values after new version was rolled out, or still isn't updated? Can I check the newest version of the manual myself somewhere while waiting for my Taycan? :)
Porsche Good To Know App and select the latest version of the manual in case this reflects the uPdate enhancements. If you have your VIN number the manual applicable to your car should be selectable.

Also, if you have your Porsche Connect ID then My Porsche website or App is also a source of the manual.

No guarantee that any of these sources are the very latest but reasonably ought to be.

Not sure I would either trust or use this option given the long list of restrictions on use.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Porsche Good To Know App and select the latest version of the manual in case this reflects the uPdate enhancements. If you have your VIN number the manual applicable to your car should be selectable.

Also, if you have your Porsche Connect ID then My Porsche website or App is also a source of the manual.

No guarantee that any of these sources are the very latest but reasonably ought to be.

Not sure I would either trust or use this option given the long list of restrictions on use.
Good to know app is being phased out by Porsche. A 22 model only has the manual in the My Porsche app. For the 21's the Good to know app now shows a new manual for the cars, but when you select to download the content you are told to use the My Porsche app. This is in the US app, so other regions maybe different. I have yet to see a new manual for the uPdate release.

Porsche Taycan Remote ParkAssist - minimal width for perpendicular parking? 1663491315406

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Good to know app is being phased out by Porsche. A 22 model only has the manual in the My Porsche app. For the 21's the Good to know app now shows a new manual for the cars, but when you select to download the content you are told to use the My Porsche app. This is in the US app, so other regions maybe different. I have yet to see a new manual for the uPdate release.

1663491315406.jpeg
That is what I found too.
The good to know app tells me to use "My Porsche" but I haven't found a way to access any manual in My Porsche beforew my car is delivered.
So I can't check anything before time, except stuff common to earlier models - though there is no way of knowing what is the same..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

1663491315406.jpeg
Yes I know but some folk (including me) could not load any manual other than prior ones via PGTK nor were they available in My Porsche App (no tab for Manuals). Mysteriously the missing tab appeared immediately after uPdate and I know folk on this forum had it long before uPdate was available (perhaps MY22 car owners) Another excellent example of Porsche QA and Comms.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That is what I found too.
The good to know app tells me to use "My Porsche" but I haven't found a way to access any manual in My Porsche beforew my car is delivered.
So I can't check anything before time, except stuff common to earlier models - though there is no way of knowing what is the same..
Little has changed since the version you were able to review - perhaps try the most recent MY21 edition.

The manuals tab does appear to be released either after an uPdate or you physically have your car which is annoying.

Post uPdate and now having reviewed the "latest" manual it appears to be short on content

I have yet to collect my hard copy update which I'll try and do next week. I'll also report the Smartlift, Range and PIRM' functionality issues at the same time.
Sponsored