tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
My ‘22 Taycan is great but my wife is afraid to park it in my single garage since the car is wider than Cayenne and right fit between the garage frame (4” each side maybe).
I told her not to worry as she can park car outside garage and from phone do remote self park.

When I got home I tried to do this and the car is like my wife…afraid to go in. It will start to go in but half way in it stops and says obstruction in way and stops. I then have to either finish it manually or press and hold the Undo button and it will reverse what it initially did.

I did same test/results from neighbors house.

has anyone had success parking in single garage via phone ?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My ‘22 Taycan is great but my wife is afraid to park it in my single garage since the car is wider than Cayenne and right fit between the garage frame (4” each side maybe).
I told her not to worry as she can park car outside garage and from phone do remote self park.

When I got home I tried to do this and the car is like my wife…afraid to go in. It will start to go in but half way in it stops and says obstruction in way and stops. I then have to either finish it manually or press and hold the Undo button and it will reverse what it initially did.

I did same test/results from neighbors house.

has anyone had success parking in single garage via phone ?
I'm impressed you were brave enough to try this!

There is no way the car can cope with these low tolerances (also read Porsche have paused it now for unspecified reasons - software changes perhaps) and so I would never have expected it to work.

On the other hand, 4" either side of the car (with mirrors folded or extended) is fine - If you have 360 Panoramic cameras switch to the side / kerb view and you'll see the gap either side of the bonnet - that's how I do it.

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm impressed you were brave enough to try this!

There is no way the car can cope with these low tolerances (also read Porsche have paused it now for unspecified reasons - software changes perhaps) and so I would never have expected it to work.

On the other hand, 4" either side of the car (with mirrors folded or extended) is fine - If you have 360 Panoramic cameras switch to the side / kerb view and you'll see the gap either side of the bonnet - that's how I do it.
Yea it was very nerve wracking. I definitely didn't feel comfortable it knew what was going on and was hercky jercky on the limited run.

nvp19

First Name
NP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yea it was very nerve wracking. I definitely didn't feel comfortable it knew what was going on and was hercky jercky on the limited run.
Hi - Just ordered a MY22 RWD and am wondering if you had any further experiences with the Remote Park assist? Does it work any where?

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi - Just ordered a MY22 RWD and am wondering if you had any further experiences with the Remote Park assist? Does it work any where?
I have not tried it anywhere else. Sorry. I need to figure out where it may be useful so I can show my wife when she drives. I do use the dash screen that gives a birds eye view from above which shows how close I am to curbs and front back as well. That works well.

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried it a few places and just gave up to be honest.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've tried it 3x over the weekend, but chickened out and tapped on the brakes to cancel on all 3. The way it either tried to back into or drive into the spot is not how I'd have done it, and so I just don't trust it. The parallel parking worked fine though. One thing I was very disappointed with it was it was not able to find the empty spaces based on the dividing lines when there's no cars parked around there. It always try to park between 2 cars because the cars are what it uses to determine there's an empty space.
Sponsored