Remove front lip

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Probably not here given the lack of engagement from absolutely anyone on this subject…
When you're one of the first to do something it's not unusual that you're not seeing much engagement. But if you post your experience, I'm sure it will be valuable for others. I would appreciate it.

For stuff like this, I usually find searching used parts on ebay gives some good photos of what to expect in terms of fasteners, clips and locations. You already have the replacement parts, but for anyone else looking to tackle something they haven't done before. Here's a few I’ve come across:
Porsche Taycan Remove front lip front bumper

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip s-l1600

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip s-l1600 (1)

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip 07A7370E-F918-4BC2-8123-25E5D26DFF59

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Where did that last photo come from? Interested to know as it shows a car with headlights, and wheels on with no bumper.

Last edited:

DJBlack

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Cayenne Coupe, Taycan GTS on order
Country flag
I’d be very interested to see pics of the whole process as this is a mod I am considering on my GTS when it arrives.

Also could you please share the part numbers for the required parts? And an idea of cost? Thanks

OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’d be very interested to see pics of the whole process as this is a mod I am considering on my GTS when it arrives.

Also could you please share the part numbers for the required parts? And an idea of cost? Thanks

For parts have a look here:

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/catalogs/porsche/ALL/9J1/1054/8/802/802020

As far as I can tell so far, you need the lip, inserts, new grill and parking sensor mounts.
One bit I’m confused about is the horizontal bars that run across the grill opening. They’re not present on the new grill or on the parts diagrams above.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
So I will be having this conversion done this Wednesday at a body shop. I decided not to do this myself due to some time constraints. Below is a picture of the invoice with the part numbers to convert from a stock 4S/GTS front lip on a Sport design front bumper to a Turbo style front lip. I purchased this kit from Suncoast Parts here in florida where they thankfully curated the parts into a conversion kit. The front Spoilers ending in G2X are primed and can be painted body color or gloss black in my case. These parts are also available in Carbon for 8X the cost of the primed ones!!

Hopefully these part numbers will help someone looking into this from the beginning. I believe the parts are the inner grill, 2 parking sensor brackets, lower lip spoiler and the 2 paintable spoiler that insert into the lower lip.

Apparently according to the Parts supplier, the hardware is reused from the car to attach all of these parts. Removing the bumper looks to be needed for sure.

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip IMG_0928

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I will be having this conversion done this Wednesday at a body shop. I decided not to do this myself due to some time constraints. Below is a picture of the invoice with the part numbers to convert from a stock 4S/GTS front lip on a Sport design front bumper to a Turbo style front lip. I purchased this kit from Suncoast Parts here in florida where they thankfully curated the parts into a conversion kit. The front Spoilers ending in G2X are primed and can be painted body color or gloss black in my case. These parts are also available in Carbon for 8X the cost of the primed ones!!

Hopefully these part numbers will help someone looking into this from the beginning. I believe the parts are the inner grill, 2 parking sensor brackets, lower lip spoiler and the 2 paintable spoiler that insert into the lower lip.

Apparently according to the Parts supplier, the hardware is reused from the car to attach all of these parts. Removing the bumper looks to be needed for sure.

IMG_0928.jpeg
These are the parts I have. Currently waiting on the brackets.

OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No idea if it will help, but here is my car with the front bumper taken off (for body repairs, not mods).
IMG_7226.JPEG
IMG_7228.JPEG
there’s a couple of YouTube videos showing guys removing the front bumper and taking the headlights off but I’ve never had to do this with any other car and I’ve done a few.

If the headlights don’t need to be removed neither do the arch liners or wheels potentially. On previous cars that I’ve owned you can usually turn the wheel and release a few screws from the edge of the liner and peel it back. From what I’ve seen you need to loosen a screw under the side repeater so it depends if you can get into this without removing the arch liner.

Videos showing the headlights coming out do so in order to free some clips below them from behind but on other cars I’ve worked on these clips can just be tugged free. It also looks like you could get a trim tool in from the front to help release them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So with the help of this: https://www.lllparts.co.uk/catalogs/porsche/RDW/9J1/1054/8/802/802100

I can now confirm that the bumper needs to come out. Otherwise it will no be possible to remove the lower grill. The above page shows the motorised louvres are screwed into the back of the lower grill. Which means there's no way of getting the grill out without taking the bumper off.

Reactions: Dee

NFBJRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Following this thread. Thanks to those of you looking into this mod. I was really hoping the install wouldn’t involve removing the entire bumper. 🤦🏻‍♂️

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Here is the finished product, first picture is of the original front lip, and I'm sure all of you already know what that looks like, followed by pictures of the Turbo front lip conversion with the "wings" painted gloss black as my preference to match all the other gloss black on the GTS.

It is a subtle difference for sure, especially going with gloss black instead of body color, but it makes me happy!

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip IMG_0921

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip IMG_0945

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip IMG_0946

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip IMG_0947

Porsche Taycan Remove front lip IMG_0948

OP
OP
Moonstone

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is exactly what I’m doing and I’ve got Neptune as well. Looks great.