Front lip spoiler material (Lowered Taycan)

Filback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SLK, 4 Series
Country flag
So, my Taycan 4S will arrive next week and I’m thinking about lowering it around 10mm. I think I’m going to scrape the front spoiler sooner or later. I was wondering how it looks underneath. Maybe I could just mount some aluminum plate (or similar) underneath it so it does not scrape the plastic directly. Anyone have done anything similar?
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
So, my Taycan 4S will arrive next week and I’m thinking about lowering it around 10mm. I think I’m going to scrape the front spoiler sooner or later. I was wondering how it looks underneath. Maybe I could just mount some aluminum plate (or similar) underneath it so it does not scrape the plastic directly. Anyone have done anything similar?
I used the ACEXXON lip protectors when I got my 3D Design CF front lip from IND Distribution in the US. Ton of opportunity to scrape the crap out of it in Houston and whilst rather skeptical at first of the kit after I installed, have to say they have done a great job to date (on car now for 3 years).

https://ind-distribution.com/products/acexxon-universal-front-lip-protector

Ah - just realized @Skilly recommended the same product :)!

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
FYI you can replace the plastic lip spoiler for $300. So not a big deal if you scrape it.

OP
OP
Filback

Filback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SLK, 4 Series
Country flag
Thanks, I’ve ordered a similar product that I found whilst searching for that. SlipLo.

The one you recommended was hard to get here in Portugal.

It’s nice to know it’s not an expensive repair, but I prefer being able to scrape it multiple times without worrying about it.
Sponsored