Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I use an Alfen charger. No option to program anything. It’s managed by a third party (it’s the charger from my company car). But the charger is not the problem. No issues with our other 2 EVs.

With below Profile and no Timers the car will charge to 30%, then stops and don’t start up again at 00:00.

*edit: uploading screenshot not working
I have exact the same issue, also with alfen. Does coolblue energie do your billing too? Maybe it is them? I have feeling that my alfen doesn’t like the vehicle checking every 5 minutes if more ‘juice’ is needed. Every timer results in a red charging error for me.

Edit; if you have admin rights on the alfen, you can download the Eve app and tweak the settings?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Donar

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
I have exact the same issue, also with alfen. Does coolblue energie do your billing too? Maybe it is them? I have feeling that my alfen doesn’t like the vehicle checking every 5 minutes if more ‘juice’ is needed. Every timer results in a red charging error for me.

Edit; if you have admin rights on the alfen, you can download the Eve app and tweak the settings?
I have 50five back office via ALD.
Also no admin rights unfortunately.

Bur maybe you are right and it is the Alfen box.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Just for commentary, I don’t think your preferred times are doing anything.
Perhaps, yes. I actually plan to play with the timers a bit in the future to learn more about how all the systems overlap. A topic for another thread once I know know more :)

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
@Donar and @SDSoccerdad, rather than try to troubleshoot you individually, I'll let you know my setup, which had been working for me since November. My EVSE uses no smart features and all charge times are set through the Taycan.

First, there are actually three screens of settings (on the app, at least) and they all have to live in harmony. Under the Overview, I leave direct charging turned off. I want my car to charge only when I tell it to.
1000001961.jpg

Next, my General profile is set to a minimum 35% and preferred charging between 10pm and 5:45am when my utility rates are lowest. I do not have optimized charging turned on. This will immediately begin charging if I plug in with less than 35% SOC but will do nothing until 10pm if my charge is at or above that minimum.
1000001969.jpg

Finally, I set a repeating timer to charge to 80% by 5am. I do not set a preferred cabin temperature. This timer, combined with my General profile, means the car will begin charging some time after 10pm and in order to reach 80% SOC by 5am.
1000001967.jpg

This keeps me always with at least 35% charge when plugged into my EVSE but otherwise only charging only when my utility rates are lowest.

I hope this is helpful as you try to sort through your settings.
Never mind all that, how the hell are you getting 198 mi of range at 73% SoC? 🤨
Hmm, maybe I should try your profile settings.. 🤔

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Never mind all that, how the hell are you getting 198 mi of range at 73% SoC?
Ha ha! Nothing more than poor guess-o-metering. I do almost exclusively city driving but I also drive the car for fun and not for range. :cool:
Sponsored