moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hmmm.. yes seems it would be unusual. I am at Vancouver dealer. You would think though they would want to close on all 7 of them as soon as possible all in the logistics I guess.. I’m sure if Porsche had it their way they would be shipped non-stop..
Heard from my SA today - Vancouver Taycans from the Goodwood are still in Halifax and he is not sure why they haven't left yet. @Terra Have you heard otherwise?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Heard from my SA today - Vancouver Taycans from the Goodwood are still in Halifax and he is not sure why they haven't left yet. @Terra Have you heard otherwise?
Funny, I also heard from my SA today! @moballa sorry to tell you, but my Taycan left Halifax by rail last week, probably with @Terra's car. ETA to the dealership Aug 28.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Funny, I also heard from my SA today! @moballa sorry to tell you, but my Taycan left Halifax by rail last week, probably with @Terra's car. ETA to the dealership Aug 28.
I guess I have my Porsche puzzle to keep me entertained while you and @Terra run around in Vancouver with your new babies...

ebois

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota highlander, acura rdx
Country flag
My Taycan was also aboard the same ship and as of the 14th it was still in Halifax.

Been watching this thread from the sidelines for a while :)

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I guess I have my Porsche puzzle to keep me entertained while you and @Terra run around in Vancouver with your new babies...
I won't believe it until I'm sitting in the driver's seat of the car. I try not to get my hopes up too high on anything in 2020!

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
My Taycan was also aboard the same ship and as of the 14th it was still in Halifax.

Been watching this thread from the sidelines for a while :)
Mine is still in Halifax as well unfortunately... crazy thing that some of them boarded a train westbound and others no...
Well, I am definitely happy for you guys in Vancouver! Just seems weird that from all the canadian Taycans in port of Halifax, only a few of them got transported so far, and that it will be faster to get to Vancouver than to Montreal in the end! ;-)

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Just received an updated Porsche tracking from SA.
The status went from Release for transport V810 to Exit port Halifax K001 on August 18th.
Dealer invoice created O400 AUgust 18th.

Next step is Entry Dealership V900...
Was expected to be August 21st, let's hope it's going to be August 28th like the others!

Any of you got updates so far?

ebois

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hear I'm on the next truck from halifax to winnipeg, departing on Wednesday if all goes to plan.

Not sure when it would get here but likely end of this week or early next week.

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I hear I'm on the next truck from halifax to winnipeg, departing on Wednesday if all goes to plan.

Not sure when it would get here but likely end of this week or early next week.
Congrats @ebois on the car. I'm surprised that the truck cars from Halifax to Winnipeg rather than by rail, but whatever, as long as it arrives! Good luck with the waiting! What spec have you ordered?

@Terra did you get any updates? I'm hoping to be surprised by some photos of my car in the dealership this week and approval for delivery this weekend.

ebois

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats @ebois on the car. I'm surprised that the truck cars from Halifax to Winnipeg rather than by rail, but whatever, as long as it arrives! Good luck with the waiting! What spec have you ordered?
I'm getting a 4S
Volcano Grey Metallic
20-Inch Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels
Premium Package
Performance Battery Plus

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag

@Terra did you get any updates? I'm hoping to be surprised by some photos of my car in the dealership this week and approval for delivery this weekend.
Not yet but same fingers crossed for a weekend delivery

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
My VIN has just been registered to My Porsche account. Checked with my SA, that only indicates the car is near, not quit present in the dealership. ARGH! Not looking good for a weekend delivery for me.

@Terra ??

ebois

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My VIN has just been registered to My Porsche account. Checked with my SA, that only indicates the car is near, not quit present in the dealership. ARGH! Not looking good for a weekend delivery for me.

@Terra ??
Hey thanks to this post, I found a 7 day old email buried in my inbox asking for me to register to My Porsche with my car details in there!

Now I'm excited to explore this and see what this My Porsche dashboard is all about.
Sponsored