First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Green Mini Cooper SE, Jet Black GTS ST
Country flag
Hi All,

I am on the brink of ordering a Taycan via my company SS scheme. We use Love Electric and I wondered if anyone else is using them?

Any good/bad experiences? Not a huge amount I can do to change to a different scheme if they are bad, but being aware of any pitfalls might be useful to know.

One thing I did learn, the dealer that LE source from is not/can not be the Porsche dealer that is a stones throw from where I live. I expect my local dealer won't really be that interested in me dropping in to talk things through with them if there is no chance I'll be ordering a car that will eventually come through them.

Currently deliberating between a CT4 and an ST. I really like the styling of the CT. The Performance Battery seems like a good choice but TBH, I do one long ish (500 mile round trip) a year, if that. Most of my journeys are around 50 miles with the odd 200 mile round trip thrown in. If I went with the ST I'd add the air suspension back in.

I've also heard the lead times for the ST might be better than the CT.

Cheers!
Sponsored

PappaGanoush

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E Class
Country flag
Hi, I have placed an order for a RWD Taycan with Tusker, a SS scheme. I had confirmation that it is being sent to a Volvo dealer in Exeter. I live in Chipping Norton! I have tried to get the order changed to a Porsche dealer. Still waiting on a response. I have requested it not be prepared as I will be getting it sent straight to a professional detailer for ceramic coating and possibly PPF to the two front wings. Let me know how you get on.

I would get the order in ASAP. I took so long to decide to cost went up £90PM due to it being a 22 model and demand.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
I've ordered mine through Zenith and it's coming from Porsche Cambridge and I'm miles way from them. Ordered before Christmas and current forecast delivery is January 2023 (RWD) so kind of lost the excitement about now if I'm honest!

OP
OP
Jiggins

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can lease an EV and pay for it from your pre-tax salary. For some people (like myself) this can mean you get a lease cost of 60% less than the normal cost.

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi, I have placed an order for a RWD Taycan with Tusker, a SS scheme. I had confirmation that it is being sent to a Volvo dealer in Exeter. I live in Chipping Norton! I have tried to get the order changed to a Porsche dealer. Still waiting on a response. I have requested it not be prepared as I will be getting it sent straight to a professional detailer for ceramic coating and possibly PPF to the two front wings. Let me know how you get on.

I would get the order in ASAP. I took so long to decide to cost went up £90PM due to it being a 22 model and demand.
Hi Graeme

Also got my Taycan via SS scheme with Tusker - their staff insisted that the car was coming from Volvo Exeter. (I almost cancelled my order on that basis).

This is incorrect the car will come from Porsche Exeter (mine did) the guy that does the business contract hire for the whole group (Helston Garages Group) works out of the Volvo dealership.

Happy to discuss further with you by DM if you want more information.

I doubt you will be able to get the order moved to a closer dealership - I asked that too.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
I have requested it not be prepared as I will be getting it sent straight to a professional detailer for ceramic coating and possibly PPF to the two front wings. Let me know how you get on.
Why spend your own money on CC or PPF for a lease car?

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
We don't use Love Electric but did review them as part of the initial research.

They were very good when speaking to them, we didn't recommend them though as the early termination cover didnt cover redundancy or dismissal which others did so higher risk for the emloyer. But they seemed decent and prices competitive.

As for local dealer, I wouldn't say you aren't planning on ordering from them. Just play the game and any questions etc just stick to the fact you want to order one - which is techncially true. Can get figures etc from them to compare.

I have gone from ordering a CT to changing my mind, luckily our sign up to Tusker is slow which has given me time. Performance battery on the ST is not an option for me, I can't get my head around £4k for a heavier car with minimal range increase given my driver profile.

Is air suspension an option on the ST? I didn't see this when looking.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Jiggins

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why spend your own money on CC or PPF for a lease car?
I'd add CC to a lease car, but probably not PPF. CC massively helps with cleaning the car and when it is clean it looks nicer. I have it on my (non-leased) 5 Series now and it is amazing how the dirt just falls off it, and that's over 12 months after it was applied.

At the end of the day, you may only be leasing the car, but you still want it to look good for the time that you have it.

OP
OP
Jiggins

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We don't use Love Electric but did review them as part of the initial research.

They were very good when speaking to them, we didn't recommend them though as the early termination cover didnt cover redundancy or dismissal which others did so higher risk for the emloyer. But they seemed decent and prices competitive.

As for local dealer, I wouldn't say you aren't planning on ordering from them. Just play the game and any questions etc just stick to the fact you want to order one - which is techncially true. Can get figures etc from them to compare.
Interesting thanks, Who did you end up using if you don't mind me asking?

Good advice on the local dealer, I think I'll pop in next weekend.

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Interesting thanks, Who did you end up using if you don't mind me asking?

Good advice on the local dealer, I think I'll pop in next weekend.
We have recommended Tusker to our board, as well as really good employer cover, they also are on a procurement framework we use so makes it a lot easier.

Jamesca

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5M
Country flag
Did you speak to Love Electric about ordering the 4S ST yet?

None of the leasing systems or the EV SS ones online list it currently so assume it's taking some time to be added to the systems to show, wondered if they might have mentioned when this might be?

OP
OP
Jiggins

Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you speak to Love Electric about ordering the 4S ST yet?

None of the leasing systems or the EV SS ones online list it currently so assume it's taking some time to be added to the systems to show, wondered if they might have mentioned when this might be?
Not yet. Only really been considering it for a couple of days. I will be asking them this week though.
Sponsored