First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, 730, 640, 840, Tesla Model 3, Mercedes GLE
Country flag
Hi folks,

I placed an order in January of this year via Zenith through my firms salary sacrifice scheme. My choice of car (4S) was originally targeting a late January 2023 delivery so just over 12 months. Around August this year I was advised by Zenith that it’s now targeting April 2023.

Porsche Cambridge are Zeniths chosen dealer and I’m yet to hear any news of an allocation. I’m at the point where I’m fearing there may be further delays.

Email exchanges (two emails sent from my side simply querying order book numbers and where I was in the queue) with the Porsche Cambridge Corporate Accounts Manager (Scott Riley) haven’t filled me with confidence and I feel the customer service has been quite frosty.

Has anyone else ordered via Cambridge through a lease company and had a similar experience?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Must admit I’ve found. Zenith, Porsche Cambridge and Scott to be bang on to deal with.

Ordered my RWD ST through Zenith via my companies SS scheme 2 June this year. I got a mail on 3 June to that effect from Zenith

Zenith sent me a note on 22 June telling me deliver had gone from Nov to Dec 22.

I queried it and they put me in touch with Scott at Cambridge., who every time I’ve mailed him with a latest update from Zenith on deliver has calmed me down and shared his view on reality. He’s shared the snapshot of the production schedule for my car (went into the workshop 3 days ahead of schedule on 6 Dec).

When Zenith told me Bose was being deleted, I called him and he arranged for me to visit a showroom that hadcars with bose and standard systems so I could compare.

Hussaa

First Name
Asrar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 530d
Country flag
My experience with the same three has been very frustrating. I placed my RWD Taycan in July 2021 with an initial delivery of Feb 22, then June, then September and then February 23.

Communication has been poor/limited with me doing all the chasing.

Even though I have been in first slot for a RWD since June, order finally confirmed by Scott on 31/10/2022 with delivery expected in March/April 2023.

I always got the impression that as SS customer I was not considered a priority and pushed down the list.

OP
OP
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Two wildly different experiences in the responses so far. What’s most notable is the stark difference between the time it’s taken for allocations despite the timings when the orders were placed.

BB8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS
Country flag
When Zenith told me Bose was being deleted, I called him and he arranged for me to visit a showroom that hadcars with bose and standard systems so I could compare.
What was your opinion of the standard vs Bose?
I'm in the same boat where Bose will be deleted from the spec.

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hi folks,

I placed an order in January of this year via Zenith through my firms salary sacrifice scheme. My choice of car (4S) was originally targeting a late January 2023 delivery so just over 12 months. Around August this year I was advised by Zenith that it’s now targeting April 2023.

Porsche Cambridge are Zeniths chosen dealer and I’m yet to hear any news of an allocation. I’m at the point where I’m fearing there may be further delays.

Email exchanges (two emails sent from my side simply querying order book numbers and where I was in the queue) with the Porsche Cambridge Corporate Accounts Manager (Scott Riley) haven’t filled me with confidence and I feel the customer service has been quite frosty.

Has anyone else hear ordered via Cambridge through a lease company and had a similar experience?
Unfortunately you're not alone - I've had an extremely similar experience, although I'm not expecting delivery for over 12 months still after ordering in Feb :-(

OP
OP
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately you're not alone - I've had an extremely similar experience, although I'm not expecting delivery for over 12 months still after ordering in Feb :-(
Ah that’s unfortunate. Is your deal also through Zenith and with Cambridge? Have you received an allocation or are still working off an estimate?

EVGuy101

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Ah that’s unfortunate. Is your deal also through Zenith and with Cambridge? Have you received an allocation or are still working off an estimate?
Mine is thru Lex, but sourced thru Cambridge (although sourced is a bit subjective in this instance!!!!)

I don’t have an allocation yet and not expecting one much before the BBQ comes back out again….

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
Interesting to read the experiences of those going with SS via Cambridge. I'm in the same boat (going via Lex) and having only just placed the order in October, have been told straight up its going to be March 2024!

bit of a kick in the teeth but I appreciate the dose of reality.

Once the order with Lex was placed and 'sourced' with Cambridge, I was quickly contacted by Steven Lewis in corporate accounts confirming the spec. A couple of emails back and forth(around the eta, TYD and PEC) were swiftly dealt with.

Yes will be a long wait, but well worth it in the end believe me.

Once your order demand has been given allocation and starts production in the factory you should get an email to 'track your dream' which will allow you to see the progress your car makes on the production line.

As for the experience days, you should receive a email with an invite to book an experience day with your model on order. keep an eye out for it as it may drop into your junk folder.

Kind regards

Steven
Clearly many have been waiting a long time with SS and Cambridge so would be great to keep this thread updated with people's progress

OP
OP
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Clearly many have been waiting a long time with SS and Cambridge so would be great to keep this thread updated with people's progress
Couldn’t agree more. I’m hopeful (not confident) that those of us who have q1/q2 estimates for next year would receive positive news regarding allocations sometime before the new year!

Last edited:

Eliseboy

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar iPace
Country flag
I’ve ordered via Zenith and Cambridge also - went RWD so that I could spec some optional items and keep it affordable. Ordered around Feb ‘22 with a build date of late Dec ‘22 and estimated delivery of mid-Feb ‘23. I have to say that Scott has been good to communicate with.

OP
OP
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve ordered via Zenith and Cambridge also - went RWD so that I could spec some optional items and keep it affordable. Ordered around Feb ‘22 with a build date of late Dec ‘22 and estimated delivery of mid-Feb ‘23. I have to say that Scott has been good to communicate with.
Interesting. I’m genuinely happy for those who have had a positive experience. One thing for sure though, reading the responses so far is that there doesn’t seem to be a clear science behind the waiting times / allocations. When applying through the same salary sacrifice scheme, and having your car being delivered through the same dealer, you would generally expect the allocations to be done in chronological order. Based on the responses alone here Hussaa had ordered before both Sand Dancer & Eliseboy and will be getting his car later.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
Another order through OPC Cambridge via Lex for a GTS saloon.

Ordered end of Jan 22, latest estimate, having been put back a couple of times, is April ‘23.

No allocation yet obviously so I’m well aware it may be subject to further delays but hoping that’s not the case.

I have only had one email exchange with Scott but he responded very quickly.

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
when were you given allocation?
Sponsored