Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
A real shame if you ask me. Whether or not one would personally want to buy their products, Apple has a tendency of being a significant market disrupter anywhere they go, typically for the better.

it would have been really interesting to see what type of innovations they would have pushed. A lot is of course already available in different forms, like CarPlay and CarKey, but it would have been interesting to see how a complete Apple package would have looked like.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
My inner Luddite rejoices at this news. The last thing we need is another technology company making things “better” by further disconnecting the driver from the driving experience.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Curious if the comment about potentially boosting their updates/upgrades for CarPlay will actually play out - CarPlay development has all been rather incremental to date for me but perhaps part of future strategy will involve growth in this area.

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Curious if the comment about potentially boosting their updates/upgrades for CarPlay will actually play out - CarPlay development has all been rather incremental to date for me but perhaps part of future strategy will involve growth in this area.
I’m hoping there’s a huge overhaul of the tech stack in the near future to use SwiftUI instead of the current janky templating system. May actually make it possible for people to build more interesting CarPlay apps as a result! And I suspect they could still maintain the same need for constraints and control with SwiftUI.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I suspect the same. Apple now has billions of dollars of auto tech experience that is no longer behind a firewall pending the release of their new car. This is a huge opportunity for integration and they seem to have been well partnered with Porsche for some time….