icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY22 and Abarth 595 Trofero:
Country flag
Have had the car now some 15months and almost all charging has been done at home. On the trips I have done where charging has been needed on route, I have to be honest and say, it hasn't been that successful, either chargers out or not really getting the charging points right. Thus my question, which has probably been covered many time on here but I cant find a link.

Is there a way on the route plan I can nominate a charging point without setting a charge for the car to be at? I am off to Cornwall and probably would want a fast charge at Exeter. I know Porsche Centre's have fast charges so is there a simple way to set that or do i just add it into my route as ive done previous and just go for the charge without any pre heating of the battery. I dont know if i have an issue with the nav system but ive only seen chargers come up once on a route plan. I'd just like to see all fast chargers on a route and click on one of them for the charge, is that even possible?

I must admit love the car but this side of it drives me nuts or perhaps its just me being a total tool!

Thanks guys any advice would be welcome
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Have had the car now some 15months and almost all charging has been done at home. On the trips I have done where charging has been needed on route, I have to be honest and say, it hasn't been that successful, either chargers out or not really getting the charging points right. Thus my question, which has probably been covered many time on here but I cant find a link.

Is there a way on the route plan I can nominate a charging point without setting a charge for the car to be at? I am off to Cornwall and probably would want a fast charge at Exeter. I know Porsche Centre's have fast charges so is there a simple way to set that or do i just add it into my route as ive done previous and just go for the charge without any pre heating of the battery. I dont know if i have an issue with the nav system but ive only seen chargers come up once on a route plan. I'd just like to see all fast chargers on a route and click on one of them for the charge, is that even possible?

I must admit love the car but this side of it drives me nuts or perhaps its just me being a total tool!

I am interested too.....

Had my car 2 years and only ever charged it 3 times in the wild (and 2 of those were 'test runs').

So it's something I really would like to know too.
👍

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Have a look at this video from Porsche Spot on series.

Here you can see how to search for a charging station or Porsche dealer along your route. When you find the station you also have to tap on charging station nearby to make sure you navigate to the charger and pre heating will work. Unfortunately the PCM Simulator can not show how it’s done. But you can play around with it in your car.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I plan my charge stops in ABRP. If you know where you want to charge, enter the charger in PCM and push on the three dots and choose search for charger on this location. It will find the charger at 0 miles. It will now use this charger as a charging stop. If you just enter the adress it won’t use as a charging stop even when the stop is called Ionity xyz. When chosen as a charge stop it will show the total number and free chargers in PCM so you know if they will be free. Pre heating the battery will start 20 minutes before arrival.

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have a look at this video from Porsche Spot on series.

Here you can see how to search for a charging station or Porsche dealer along your route. When you find the station you also have to tap on charging station nearby to make sure you navigate to the charger and pre heating will work. Unfortunately the PCM Simulator can not show how it’s done. But you can play around with it in your car.
Thanks ..will try it out. Much appreciated

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I plan my charge stops in ABRP. If you know where you want to charge, enter the charger in PCM and push on the three dots and choose search for charger on this location. It will find the charger at 0 miles. It will now use this charger as a charging stop. If you just enter the adress it won’t use as a charging stop even when the stop is called Ionity xyz. When chosen as a charge stop it will show the total number and free chargers in PCM so you know if they will be free. Pre heating the battery will start 20 minutes before arrival.
Thank you

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Not sure I follow but can't you simply add your route to NAV as normal then add a stopover using the search filtering out EVSEs on route and selecting one? This will precondition and ignore the minimum charge level at final destination (this can also be disabled) setting.

Not all EVSEs unfortunately are listed but for those which the PCM is aware of and to control the battery preconditioning then this should work.

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
I just use the PCM Charge planner. Select destination and if you don’t like the station it picks, just use the map, select charger on your route you would prefer and set as stop over. Really easy, works well, and pre-conditions.
Sponsored