First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I’m curious to know if anyone else has this issue:

At start up my Taycan randomly decides to invert the dipped beam ready for driving on the continent - I get a warning message on the driver’s display and if I drill down through the car menus to exterior lights the “Inverted setting of dipped beam” is ticked. This must be a safety issue - and it’s a pain to change back as the setting is so far down in the menus. It’s a neat idea to adjust the dipped beams automatically, but I’d rather it was just manual and didn’t keep changing!

The dealer told me this would be fixed with the WMA6 update, but I picked the car up today after the update and as soon as I switched on the message came up again (so I went straight back in …). They’re going to report it to Porsche and have asked me to make a record of when it happens.

I recently went to the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone and the Taycan I drove there did just the same - so is this a common problem?
Sponsored

NeilJ

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT (Taycan 4S - sold), VW ID3
Country flag

At start up my Taycan randomly decides to invert the dipped beam ready for driving on the continent - I get a warning message on the driver’s display and if I drill down through the car menus to exterior lights the “Inverted setting of dipped beam” is ticked. This must be a safety issue - and it’s a pain to change back as the setting is so far down in the menus. It’s a neat idea to adjust the dipped beams automatically, but I’d rather it was just manual and didn’t keep changing!

The dealer told me this would be fixed with the WMA6 update, but I picked the car up today after the update and as soon as I switched on the message came up again (so I went straight back in …). They’re going to report it to Porsche and have asked me to make a record of when it happens.

I recently went to the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone and the Taycan I drove there did just the same - so is this a common problem?
Yes - mine does this too.

Mcgovern01

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport, Mini JCW
Country flag

Me too...

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Could be - I have the standard lights. Thanks for the feedback, I’ll be following up with the service department about it this week but perhaps the more of us complain the more likely it might be sorted ... after posting this I saw there was a similar thread at the end of last year.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Standard lights here with the same issue. Very frustrating

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Just to let you know that I’ve been told a fix is coming but they don’t have a release date or know whether it will be OTA or another visit back. I’m finding it much more common after the WMA6 update, along with another issue which is the radio switching off just after I start driving.

TimS1977

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Landrover Disco
Country flag
Just to let you know that I’ve been told a fix is coming but they don’t have a release date or know whether it will be OTA or another visit back. I’m finding it much more common after the WMA6 update, along with another issue which is the radio switching off just after I start driving.
I get both of these issues also, very frustrating - especially the radio switching off

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Opening up this thread again, I've had this also since I've had my 21 Taycan 4s - again on standard lights.

Whilst in at OPC Glasgow the other day to get the AMB5 safety recall I asked them to take a look at "Dipped Beam Converted" message again that appears on 9 out of 10 start-ups in the car.
The answer I got was Porsche is aware of the problem there is a Technical Service note on it but there is no fix currently.

So Q. I have has anyone in the UK managed to get this fixed yet or a workaround to stop it displaying? In my menu settings it's not actually clicked for Inverted, so it's hard to determine if this is just a display fault and the lights don't actually change (similar to the PCM NAV starting in German for 5secs etc.) or is it actually a problem and the lights are indeed inverted?

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I’m still waiting for the fix for this. I don’t want to dazzle oncoming cars, so when this happens I go to the inverted setting and untick it - if the car is facing a wall I can see they do move, so they must be inverted.
I presume this would be enough to fail an MOT and I’m now thinking to raise it as a safety defect (on gov.uk) - it might not qualify as there is a warning message (albeit a brief one). This cannot be difficult to fix but if it is they should just make it a manual setting.

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I’ve just re-read your message … sometimes the inverted setting is ticked and sometimes it isn’t!

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve just re-read your message … sometimes the inverted setting is ticked and sometimes it isn’t!
When it's unticked (are the lights still wrong) - i.e. you then tick, then untick again to be safe?
It's a PITA to do that every time - most of the time it's just the daylight running lights.

I'll definitely do the check when at night and main beams are required.

OP
OP
kl98cwg

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I’ve been trusting what the setting comes up as (I think it’s correct as I don’t get other cars flashing their lights at me now, but I did when I first had the car) - so if I get the warning and the setting is unticked I just leave it. I also only bother with this at night.
Sponsored