Shell Recharge Card

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Used and tested my Shell Charge card for the first yesterday. Worked a treat. 50kw CCS. South London

Topped up and sucked in 30 miles for £2.96, which was all she needed.

Porsche Taycan Shell Recharge Card 04DC9222-D683-487A-B14F-521633FA0C89

Porsche Taycan Shell Recharge Card E9438CBD-5BBF-4549-897E-59015ACE4B7E

Porsche Taycan Shell Recharge Card 1598672470747

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Great to hear that it worked so well at Shell. I hope Shell will be keen to keep a good image by having working chargers at all times.

From your picture I have one major concern about the cable resting on the cars paint work? Would be nice if that could be avoided. Guess you can park like a moron and avoid it?

Second comment is that you only seemed to get about 35 kW from the charge, not 50 kW? Did it take a long time to initialise?

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great to hear that it worked so well at Shell. I hope Shell will be keen to keep a good image by having working chargers at all times.

From your picture I have one major concern about the cable resting on the cars paint work? Would be nice if that could be avoided. Guess you can park like a moron and avoid it?

Second comment is that you only seemed to get about 35 kW from the charge, not 50 kW? Did it take a long time to initialise?
Maybe one should bring a thick microfiber cloth to put on the car between panel and cable to protect the paint while not parking like a moron? I do it on my boat to protect the paintwork on the outboard motors from the mooring lines.

OP
OP
Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thank for your comments, I can assure you that I gracefully placed the cable as not to mark the paintwork and also your comment of me being moron is lost in translation.

The process took less than a minute to initialise and start charging.

OP
OP
Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe one should bring a thick microfiber cloth to put on the car between panel and cable to protect the paint while not parking like a moron? I do it on my boat to protect the paintwork on the outboard motors from the mooring lines.
I had one in the boot, I'll shall use it next time, it required. Thanks for the positive feedback

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thank for your comments, I can assure you that I gracefully placed the cable as not to mark the paintwork and also your comment of me being moron is lost in translation.

The process took less than a minute to initialise and start charging.
No sorry I did not say or mean that you were a moron!

what I mean is that if you park much more to the right in your picture, the cable will not touch the car, but hang in free air. That of course assumes there is free space to your cars right side. In that case you would have parked like a moron, ok?

TeslaBjorn has shown quite a few videos where he parked very badly, just to avoid the cable laying on the car.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag

Agree on the cable, why are they designed so badly that they have to sit on the body work...

OP
OP
Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love your spec btw. My 4S is ordered in the same colour and same wheels
Thanks @JacobDK. Look forward to seeing your 4S in the Dolomite Silver Forum. When is "She" scheduled to arrive?

OP
OP
Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree on the cable, why are they designed so badly that they have to sit on the body work...
Agreed, the cable connectors should be designed 90 degrees more clockwise, ie at 9 O'Clock. then they would possibly sit better. They could also do with being at least another meter longer!