psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I charged at Perth today but only managed 107kw for 12 minutes. Sounds like the same rate as you snb7x . It was 60+ pence per kw as don't have the porsche card yet so didn't stay for long. Just wanted to see if I could get a fast charge. Do you need ot precool to get the full kW charge???
Sponsored

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Handy on a long run though

My only way home from Porsche Sheffield to home in Northern Ireland, leaving at 2.45pm to catch the 8pm boat ex Cairnryan ... after an Ionity 15min boost I made the boat & was home with 11 miles of battery left!

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Received my card today. It is quoting a rate of "NOK 3,26/kWh", not sure why it is not in GBP.

Does anyone know of a link to which UK charge points the card can be used at.

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Received my card today. It is quoting a rate of "NOK 3,26/kWh", not sure why it is not in GBP.

My letter stated NOk too, all a bit strange, no idea what chargers it works with but the rates look all 33p so I only think it will be useful at Ionity.

Porsche are not very helpful for their first EV are they!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

My letter stated NOk too, all a bit strange, no idea what chargers it works with but the rates look all 33p so I only think it will be useful at Ionity.

Porsche are not very helpful for their first EV are they!
Have You got the Porsche charging app? Down load that and log in there. You can then use that app to pay at the chargers. The app will give you a number of chargers at least here in Europe.
It is not only Ionity that can be used. They have agreements with many others

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Have You got the Porsche charging app? Down load that and log in there. You can then use that app to pay at the chargers. The app will give you a number of chargers at least here in Europe.
It is not only Ionity that can be used. They have agreements with many others
Yes, I have the card but didn’t know there was a specific app., thanks. Still not much use to me in Scotland but oh well. I see you can download the price list from the app too but it’s pretty much 33p per k/w at every type of charger which is more in most cases ( other than Ionity.

also note the cost is billed monthly so for those not seeing a charge yet, hold out it’s coming!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes, I have the card but didn’t know there was a specific app., thanks. Still not much use to me in Scotland but oh well. I see you can download the price list from the app too but it’s pretty much 33p per k/w at every type of charger which is more in most cases ( other than Ionity.

also note the cost is billed monthly so for those not seeing a charge yet, hold out it’s coming!
But Ihave seen that Ionity have opened a number of charging stations since the beginning of the year, which feels right.

Also be observant about the funny pricing on other stations than Ionity. They seem to want to charge a per minute charge as well and not only kWh price.
Quite complicated in my view and who is to guarantee that the charger really delivers the speed that is stated. Then the minute charge ticks away!?

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
That's the first time I;ve seen how you prepare the battery without using the sat nav which of course doesn't find an ionity charger !
I wish the dealers knew this.
Thanks

Make sure to drive there in sport mode, or to use the charging planner to drive to the Ionity charger, otherwise the battery may be too cold and the kw experience a bit less exciting ;-).

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Taycan charging card arrived today, it took around ten days to arrive so it’s worth ordering promptly so you can use when the car arrives. Now to plan a trip to my closest Ionity charger for the full 270kw experience

F6466739-2BF2-4455-A82E-54AFA614F2BB.jpeg
Thanks for the picture. I never even knew a card existed ! Dealers need more training!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You ordered on my Porsche once the vin details are in? Corrrct?
do we know is the Porsche card linked to the car or the owner? I’ve a second Taycan (trade in) ordered and keen to retain as many things like this - tracker and Porsche charging card immediately spring to mind - and simply transfer to my new Taycan ownership - surely the unexpired PVTS subscription will transfer across - (charging card too would be handy!)

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's the first time I;ve seen how you prepare the battery without using the sat nav which of course doesn't find an ionity charger !
I wish the dealers knew this.
Thanks
??? Sat Nav should show Ionity, but mixed in amongst a list of charging stations - have a good look and don’t hesitate to scroll down the list - when used with the discount deal it’s quite a benefit in speed of charge / value etc to plan your trip around Ionity - even if it’s impromptu need to charge!

(My passenger screen helps if I have someone else aboard with me )

I haven’t tried this but you could summon voice activation and ask Sat Nav “(find) Ionity charging” but that will most likely give you options close to your current position and not on route of your journey. I would always use the charger icon as you journey via a Sat Nav directed trip.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That passenger screen is really handy. I wouldn't have ordered it but I took over someone else's order so only had to wait 3 weeks for the car. I'm glad its there now.

These are all the ionity changers listed on Zap Map so it's going to be a while anyway. I used the Milton Keynes coachway one but it didn't charge anywhere near 270Kwh. That's probably because I didn't navigate to it and prepare the batteries.

??? Sat Nav should show Ionity, but mixed in amongst a list of charging stations - have a good look and don’t hesitate to scroll down the list - when used with the discount deal it’s quite a benefit in speed of charge / value etc to plan your trip around Ionity - even if it’s impromptu need to charge!

(My passenger screen helps if I have someone else aboard with me )

I haven’t tried this but you could summon voice activation and ask Sat Nav “(find) Ionity charging” but that will most likely give you options close to your current position and not on route of your journey. I would always use the charger icon as you journey via a Sat Nav directed trip.
Porsche Taycan Taycan charging card zapmap ionity

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That passenger screen is really handy. I wouldn't have ordered it but I took over someone else's order so only had to wait 3 weeks for the car. I'm glad its there now.

These are all the ionity changers listed on Zap Map so it's going to be a while anyway. I used the Milton Keynes coachway one but it didn't charge anywhere near 270Kwh. That's probably because I didn't navigate to it and prepare the batteries.

yeah - I feel your pain! I’m in (Northern) Ireland and we have none north of border but per head population in Rep Ire a pretty decent number of stations .... I’ve charged 3 times at different locations where there were banks of 4 chargers and no other EV’s present when I visited ... mind you a 25/35min visit doesn’t leave much scope to overlap with other drivers

I guess we drivers are all part of the lobby to get more added to the network - they certainly are critical to Taycan charging if home charging isn’t an option. Don’t rule out commando basic charging point at any destinations you visit regularly - I’ve one at a holiday home and allow the Porsche Connect module + car to manage the charging abd it’s excellent!

zapmap ionity.jpg
Porsche Taycan Taycan charging card 148BFC94-F7F7-486E-8041-D0162A404DC1