Shout out to Electrify America

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I had to use the local EA 150kW charger again today. It peaked at over 150kW. It was charging at 154 and 156 kW for a while. It looks things are getting better.

Porsche Taycan Shout out to Electrify America 20210610_171433
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Side question: regarding preconditioning the battery when navigating to a charging station, does this only work if you explicitly navigate to the station using the PCM? Does it work using Carplay navigation? I'm guessing no.

Any other way to force preconditioning in that case? I plan to pretty much exclusively use Carplay, although I'm still thinking about it since I can't get nav/map on the instrument cluster which sucks. Maybe I'll run both...?

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I made a stop yesterday at the EA location in Auburn, MA and it was the first time everything “just worked.” Granted, I’ve used EA chargers about 5-6 times since I received my car last July, but this was the best experience I’ve had. Also, I was really impressed with my range on the trip I took from the Boston area out to western MA and back. In retrospect, I actually didn’t need to stop and charge, but I was making calls from the road. Forgot to take a picture but pulled in with around 40% SoC and hit about 170 kWh and left when I hit 70% SoC. No real news here other than it worked ?
Sponsored