Silver or Black window trims with Volcano - which do you prefer?

Woodie4s

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S bmw i3
Country flag
I prefer silver on darker colours to highlight the window curve

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I ordered mine with the dark trim.

Ultimately these things are a personal choice. What I want to know is how many people are NOT putting the badge on the rear? To me, it seems counter intuitive to not having the "Taycan" name on the rear of the car. But so far, I have spoken to a few people who prefer to leave it off.

Your thoughts?

OP
OP
JacobDK

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

Ultimately these things are a personal choice. What I want to know is how many people are NOT putting the badge on the rear? To me, it seems counter intuitive to not having the "Taycan" name on the rear of the car. But so far, I have spoken to a few people who prefer to leave it off.

Your thoughts?
I do agree its a personal choice. My build is with the silver option based on the configurator. But after seeing the Taycan in dark blue (gentian) and white - and with the silver and black window trims I found that the Silver option and makes it resembling more a “Panamera” design and the black option more a “911” design.

Regarding the modelname on the rear i think it complements the design. Bit I haven’t seen any cars without so it’s really hard to know for sure. But the lettering is removable (its glued om) that way i guess you can have it on at delivery and remove it afterwards if you regret.

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
I went with black and model designation in black as well. I’m rarely a fan of silver / chrome accents but it looks pretty good with the volcano in that pic above.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a Volcano Gray Macan, with black window trim, and will do the same with the Taycan. It’s a “roll your own” GTS package. :p

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Your thoughts?
I agree I think the silver trim looks better on this color - especially with the matching wheel color.

I'm not putting my Taycan Turbo S on the back for three reasons. First, I think it looks cleaner. Second, I'd rather not attract any unwanted attention. Finally, it's easier to wash/wax.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I also think the silver trim looks better on this color.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'd go with black. I may get this preference from the BMWs I've owned, where black is what they use on the pricier trims. Looks more elegant to me.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Any 'darker' color, black it out IMHO.
Every cheap car today has the chrome around the windows.....I don't get it.
Any light color....silver, white, etc....I think it's fine.
I just got wife an S class MB for the winter...metallic grey. First thing I had done was have the chrome window surround wrapped and the AMG wheels powder coated. 'Flash' the car did not need.
It's personal............gotta go w/your eye.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Any 'darker' color, black it out IMHO.
Every cheap car today has the chrome around the windows.....I don't get it.
Any light color....silver, white, etc....I think it's fine.
I just got wife an S class MB for the winter...metallic grey. First thing I had done was have the chrome window surround wrapped and the AMG wheels powder coated. 'Flash' the car did not need.
It's personal............gotta go w/your eye.
Agreed. I also think black Looks better with Lighter cars, especially white. It’s a nice contrast. Black all the way!

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I think you could go for either on Volcano, depends on what look you want but definitely black trims on a Dolomite Silver car but Chrome on Gentian Blue.
Each to their own.

Last edited: