Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Almost every time I get into the car, I get a pop-up that says

Subscription Changed
Your SiriusXM subscription was changed

And I have to hit the OK button.

Everything seems to be fine -- I used to have the issue where the source disappeared and now this pops up so perhaps this is a bug with whatever fixed the missing source problem.

I also get the SiriusXM antenna issue message occasionally -- but the TSB says that's just a software bug.

They seem to be fixing the PCM bugs -- now I just get random pop-up messages that do nothing.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

SDSoccerdad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I was going to try that -- car is currently in the shop due to a bad onboard charger (see another thread) so I was thinking a refresh and a PCM reboot prob would fix it.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is there any update on this? It's driving me nuts. I am a paying SiriusXM customer and started to get this message almost every time I use the car now. I've sent a refresh signal multiple times, rebooted the PCM, called SiriusXM (no help at all), and I am tired of clicking OK on two screens every time I drive. Thanks!

Last edited:

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I called SiriusXM again, was sent to their advanced troubleshooting queue; am supposed to get a call tomorrow, but they said in cases like this, it's usually the radio. I've brought the car to service for the issue before and they said it's a software bug.

iipabrewer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Enjoying my 21' Taycan 4S
Country flag
Argh i'm having this issue as well. What a pain since I already have a SiriusXM subscription when I changed the VIN to my Taycan it started happening. I hope it stops soon. Did others find this is a software issue or did the SiriusXM reset help? My cars getting PPT/ceramic this week so can't try the reset.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I got this a lot as my subscription transitions from free trial to paid. It eventually stopped.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sirius told me, after "advanced" troubleshooting that it's the radio and to go back to the dealer.

iipabrewer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After a few days with the popup, my siriusxm app is now greyed out and I get "Function not available" error when I try to select it.

iipabrewer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok I want to post the solution to my issue. If you ever get in the situation where you know you have a SiriusXM subscription (even the free one) but the logo shows greyed out so unable to select it (it pops up a Function not available box.

Program one of your shortcut buttons (diamond) to "change source". Then keep pressing the diamond button until it iterates to the SiriusXM source. The shortcut ignores the PCM's greying out. Once there I was on the preview station and could force a SiriusXM reset. Next, I was back to the popup asking to agree to the subscription change, but this time selecting Agree button worked!

A special thanks to my local Porsche Pro for the suggestion.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ok I want to post the solution to my issue. If you ever get in the situation where you know you have a SiriusXM subscription (even the free one) but the logo shows greyed out so unable to select it (it pops up a Function not available box.

Program one of your shortcut buttons (diamond) to "change source". Then keep pressing the diamond button until it iterates to the SiriusXM source. The shortcut ignores the PCM's greying out. Once there I was on the preview station and could force a SiriusXM reset. Next, I was back to the popup asking to agree to the subscription change, but this time selecting Agree button worked!

A special thanks to my local Porsche Pro for the suggestion.
How did you "force a SiriusXM reset"?
Sponsored