ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
It is unfortunate that you can not try this out in the US. It is not on off like a normal High Beam switch. It blanks out oncoming traffic far earlier and lights up the sides for you to see. The actual Porsche Video shows that off very well. It is far more sensitive then switching off the High beam. Reacts much earlier and in many km’s driving at night, out of my 65.000 km driving on all kind of roads, I have never been flashed once.

It is in no way comparable to Auto High Beam implementation. I have that in our Model 3 and it is constantly switched off in that car.
Actually on my last M4 convertible, which was far easier to have re-coded, I had the equivalent of Porsche's Matrix system re-coded with full functionality and agree 100% as to its effectiveness - was very impressed with the difference when I first tried it after coding and would really love to have the same done on the Taycan but just a lot more difficult to do apparently (and yes I realize it would technically be illegal but beyond stupid imo that it is so!).

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag