bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Today, for the second time I got a spinning circle on my center console main screen that wouldn't go away. It seems to happen when I put the car in park, get out and then get back in again and put it in gear. The spinning circle just sits there spinning away. It's strange because the bluetooth connection is still there with my phone so music continues to play, I just can't access any of the main screen icons. My homeland icon also show up and works.

I have had the uPdate so technically this shouldn't be happening. I tried shutting down the car, locking it, and letting it sit for several hours but when I power up the spinning circle is still there. The first time I took it into the dealer and they didn't really find anything they just said they "reset it". So this time I thought I would try to reset it by disconnecting the negative side of the 12V battery and connected again and it fixed it. Not sure what I can do about it as reporting to the dealer likely won't do much.

Any one else have this issue?
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Had the same issue 3-4 times in the last 3 months since I got the uPdate. Just a 2-Finger-Reset fixed it.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have had it a number of times since uPdate.
But not for a week or so.

Screen goes blank, then comes back after a while.

It seems to happen in poor signal areas.

OP
OP
bah1590

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Had the same issue 3-4 times in the last 3 months since I got the uPdate. Just a 2-Finger-Reset fixed it.
Did you have the three dots on the screen or did you just press the upper corner and it reset? For me the only icons showing are the spinning circle and the homelink icon.

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The spinning circle is when the car is updating. If you lock it and wait it will resolve by itself. Make sure the car is in an area where it can receive OTA updates (so not in a bunker garage)

OP
OP
bah1590

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
@bah1590 I also just had the spinning circle and the homelink icon. I did the 2-finger-reset in the upper right corner.
Good to know. It looks like another software bug for this issue. I am going to report it to Porsche so, hopefully, they will look at it.

OP
OP
bah1590

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
The spinning circle is when the car is updating. If you lock it and wait it will resolve by itself. Make sure the car is in an area where it can receive OTA updates (so not in a bunker garage)
This is not the case for me. It never goes away whether the car is inside or outside, locked or unlocked. Even after several days it is still there.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
This is not the case for me. It never goes away whether the car is inside or outside, locked or unlocked. Even after several days it is still there.
Same here. I'm pretty sure the car is not updating anything. It's just another bug.

tedshuck

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
My car is at the dealer right now as they are looking into this problem. I can usually restart the PCM with the two finger trick, but once it came back with the spinning blue circle. It has been happening about 20% of the time that I start the car.
My service advisor asked this morning about what IOS version I am running on my iPhone, so that may be a clue...

OP
OP
bah1590

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
My car is at the dealer right now as they are looking into this problem. I can usually restart the PCM with the two finger trick, but once it came back with the spinning blue circle. It has been happening about 20% of the time that I start the car.
My service advisor asked this morning about what IOS version I am running on my iPhone, so that may be a clue...
Let us know what the dealer says. It seems odd that it has to do with the phone as mine continues to work even though the spinning wheel is happening but maybe it is an issue with CarPlay. Do you use CarPlay?