Spoiler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S PBP
Country flag
They have a way of raising the spoiler at the service center. But I can’t get any clues on how…..
Porsche Taycan Spoiler 824943E7-B927-47B8-80F0-60C5D7BCC12C
Sponsored

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
They have a way of raising the spoiler at the service center. But I can’t get any clues on how…..
824943E7-B927-47B8-80F0-60C5D7BCC12C.jpeg
I asked about this just a few minutes ago as I was down there due to my suspension saying good night.

The updates do it. It's automatic.

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Sorry to bump old thread, but what is the effect on range when spoiler is deployed? Any guess or educated guess.

Seems strange that range mode deploys it in highway speeds but normal mode dont?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sorry to bump old thread, but what is the effect on range when spoiler is deployed? Any guess or educated guess.

Seems strange that range mode deploys it in highway speeds but normal mode dont?
Negligible. In Range drive mode the car is lowered, the external air vents closed and the rear motor disengaged ( or it was prior to uPdate) - impossible to discern specific impact of the spoiler on it's own but the aerodynamics will be enhanced. Range as a mode is also questionable 2 years in given the various software tweaks made.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Negligible. In Range drive mode the car is lowered, the external air vents closed and the rear motor disengaged ( or it was prior to uPdate) - impossible to discern specific impact of the spoiler on it's own but the aerodynamics will be enhanced. Range as a mode is also questionable 2 years in given the various software tweaks made.
After the latest uPdate I have only seen a few kilometers difference between range mode and normal mode. Porsche seem to have tweaked the efficiency quite a lot lately.

Plus the uPdate seems to have tweaked the charging curve very much. A session from 10% to 80% was much much faster now.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I occasionally will raise the Rear Spoiler up once in a while depending on what's going on such as photo's etc?
I don't really see any sort of mileage loss if any?
I also have a Rear Window Spoiler that I think may help with not losing Miles from the Charge.
So go to your main menu page and hit Settings. Then scroll down until you see Vehicle. Press the Vehicle right arrow and continue to hit the Top button that says Man. Cleaning position spoiler. If successful you will see a Blue highlight over the rear Spoiler.
To put the Rear Spoiler back down just hit the top button that says Extended. The next window will open up and it will say please press and hold the button until it retracts. and it will go back to normal. You can ignore the ok button or press it but it will go away quickly if not pressed.
Just follow the pics and you see exactly how to raise the Spoiler manually.
Enjoy
Ps don't listen to the nay sayers that say don't do it. Do it if you want too... lol

Porsche Taycan Spoiler Screenshot_20230518_022905_Gallery

Porsche Taycan Spoiler Screenshot_20230518_022909_Gallery

Porsche Taycan Spoiler Screenshot_20230518_022914_Gallery

Porsche Taycan Spoiler Screenshot_20230518_022918_Gallery

Porsche Taycan Spoiler Screenshot_20230518_022923_Gallery

Porsche Taycan Spoiler Screenshot_20230518_022928_Gallery

Porsche Taycan Spoiler Screenshot_20230518_022933_Gallery

Porsche Taycan Spoiler Screenshot_20230518_022938_Gallery

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is pointless - spolier retracts from the cleaning position as soon as you move off and exceed 9 mph or so.

Behaviour of the spoiler also varies according to drive mode + speed - barely moves in cleaning mode.

Happy that I have an ST now as my 4S saloon spoiler never sat flush unless it was warmer weather - common problem - ST has no active rear spoiler (odd given the Panamera ST does).

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I knew I would get someone saying something negative about it.
If they want to do it it's their choice.
Enjoy and don't listen to the nay sayers...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I also have a Rear Window Spoiler that I think may help with not losing Miles from the Charge.
That may well reduce lift but it will definitely increase drag, maybe making the saloon drag about the same as the Turismo.
In 30 years of aero testing I have never seen any device which detaches flow reduce drag.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
ST has no active rear spoiler (odd given the Panamera ST does).
It will depend on the local flow and acceptable lift number.

Road cars produce lift and it is a question of whether it is enough to reduce high speed stability. If it is, raising a spoiler will reduce the lift but the penalty is always increased drag.

My guess is the Panamera shape simply isn’t as good as the Taycan.
Sponsored