Standard LEDs vs. Matrix LEDs

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
They even cite the J3069_202103 standard when discussing adaptive driving beam headlamps. It doesn't sound like speculation at all, but feel free to doubt if you must.
Who is "they" (above)? Is it congress in the text of the bill, or the journalists in their speculations?

Oh, and once again the bill has already been signed into law so we'll know for sure within 24 months ;)
When (date) was it signed into law? Perhaps you should make some calls to the media outlets which continue to report it's not yet passed. ;)
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jo...enge-salvaging-his-build-back-better-n1286534
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...-on-build-back-better-bill-talks-with-manchin
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Who is "they", is it congress in the text of the bill, or the journalists in their speculations?

When (date) was it signed into law? Perhaps you should make some calls to the media outlets which continue to report it's not yet passed. ;)
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jo...enge-salvaging-his-build-back-better-n1286534
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...-on-build-back-better-bill-talks-with-manchin
You should really read a bit more carefully. You have conflated two entirely different bills. The bill with the changes for Adaptive headlights was in H.R.3684, the bi-partisan Infrastructure bill that was signed on 15 November. The links you provided are for the Build Back Better bill which passed the house but is stalled in the Senate. Two completely different bills.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should really read a bit more carefully. You have conflated two entirely different bills. The bill with the changes for Adaptive headlights was in H.R.3684, the bi-partisan Infrastructure bill that was signed on 15 November. The links you provided are for the Build Back Better bill which passed the house but is stalled in the Senate. Two completely different bills.
Interesting. I assumed (apparently incorrectly) that the headlight rule modification was a part of Build Back Better bill. Are the EV incentive changes also part of infrastructure bill already passed, or the Build Back Better bill?

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Interesting. I assumed (apparently incorrectly) that the headlight rule modification was a part of Build Back Better bill. Are the EV incentive changes also part of infrastructure bill already passed, or the Build Back Better bill?
Fortunately, at least from my perspective, the EV tax credit/refund changes are in the BBB bill. So there is a chance we can still get the $7500 tax credit for our MY22 cars. I realize that that is a bit selfish on my part, but hey, $7500.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fortunately, at least from my perspective, the EV tax credit/refund changes are in the BBB bill. So there is a chance we can still get the $7500 tax credit for our MY22 cars. I realize that that is a bit selfish on my part, but hey, $7500.
Selfish, maybe, but IMO not entirely. While I (hopefully) will be buying a MY22 Taycan (waiting on allocation since the summer), even if I wasn't, I would still be against what the government is doing with the EV incentives, i.e. mixing up social spending policies with EV incentivizing. A $100K, or even $56K EV car helps the environment just as much as a $55K car, right? The previous $7,500 tax credit was a proper incentive. The new rebate (not a tax credit anymore, so essentially a government handout) tied to price, individual income, and unionization status of the factory is just plain wrong. Who knows, given this government's past behavior, maybe the adaptive headlights will also be level only on cars made by union shops, price of the car, or have some other completely unrelated restrictions.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Selfish, maybe, but IMO not entirely. While I (hopefully) will be buying a MY22 Taycan (waiting on allocation since the summer), even if I wasn't, I would still be against what the government is doing with the EV incentives, i.e. mixing up social spending policies with EV incentivizing. A $100K, or even $56K EV car helps the environment just as much as a $55K car, right? The previous $7,500 tax credit was a proper incentive. The new rebate (not a tax credit anymore, so essentially a government handout) tied to price, individual income, and unionization status of the factory is just plain wrong. Who knows, given this government's past behavior, maybe the adaptive headlights will also be level only on cars made by union shops, price of the car, or have some other completely unrelated restrictions.
My personal expectation is that some form of the BBB bill will eventually pass, but it may not look at all like the current version or might even just be a bunch of smaller bills.

The current incentive might be good to help Ford/GM/etc. catch up a bit to Tesla since Tesla is over the 200k cap and the others are still a good ways away. Although with the F150 Lighting preorders and how well the Mach-e is doing it may not be too long before Ford is over the cap as well.
Sponsored