TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Not trying to be a wise guy- I never understand when people say they didn’t get a certain option because they were on a very high budget. How do you set a budget of $132k but cannot justify spending an additional $4k? I would understand someone saying I have a budget of $50k and cannot spend anymore.
Agreed. Especially when you can spread it out over monthly payments…it’s negligible. The lending environment is very favorable… keep as much money in your pocket now as you can… opportunity cost and all that jazz.. ??‍♂
Sponsored

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Not trying to be a wise guy- I never understand when people say they didn’t get a certain option because they were on a very high budget. How do you set a budget of $132k but cannot justify spending an additional $4k? I would understand someone saying I have a budget of $50k and cannot spend anymore.
Ha was wondering the same thing. I guess a certain point it’s not just 4K more if you do that 5 or 6 times :)
I see he’s in the UK so maybe it’s a company car and that’s a hard limit ?

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Ha was wondering the same thing. I guess a certain point it’s not just 4K more if you do that 5 or 6 times :)
And lease rates in the UK are a lot higher than in the US where they practically give you the finance for nothing,..

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
And lease rates in the UK are a lot higher than in the US where they practically give you the finance for nothing,..
Generally I'm sure that's right. But Porsche FS in the US offers some pretty uncompetitive interest rates when it comes to leases. (currently, it's 4.8% or .0020 expressed as a money factor)

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I agree. When I made the shift for performance battery +, yes. But this justification keeps repeating, leather, performance package, YOLO moments. Then you end up with a highly optioned car. In my case I’m trying to justify why I’d still go for the 4S and. or shift to Turbo. ($30k+) with the same specs.

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Generally I'm sure that's right. But Porsche FS in the US offers some pretty uncompetitive interest rates when it comes to leases. (currently, it's 4.8% or .0020 expressed as a money factor)
I will take it ?. Try anything from 5.5-6% in the UK with Porsche UK today…+ the standard UK price uplift…
Sponsored