Standard Interior Colours And Seats

6HAW

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 981 Boxster S. 2018 Audi Q8 50SLine.
Country flag
Newbie here with deposit on CT4, agonising over the confuserator.

Is anyone able to share (ideally) pictures or at least advice on the two-tone partial leather interior black/chalk beige option?

Also, if I go for the 14-way option, do the front seats then become full leather or remain partial leather.

I keep swaying towards the extended leather two-tone options, but then wonder if the extra ~£3k would be better spent on options elsewhere.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Is anyone able to share (ideally) pictures or at least advice on the two-tone partial leather interior black/chalk beige option?

Also, if I go for the 14-way option, do the front seats then become full leather or remain partial leather.

I keep swaying towards the extended leather two-tone options, but then wonder if the extra ~£3k would be better spent on options elsewhere.
What colour is the exterior?

Chalk is a bit beige - crayon is whitish / gray and looks great and preferable in my opinion.

Extended leather is a default tick if budget permits - plastic dashboard and surrounds is a little too much. Your dealer should have example cars and / or swatches either for Taycan or other models. Search Porsche approved and there will be examples of both with decent pictures to review - most cars have the extended leather so take care if resale is important.

Selection of seats won't introduce additional leather into the mix and are mutually exclusive.

OP
OP
6HAW

6HAW

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 981 Boxster S. 2018 Audi Q8 50SLine.
Country flag
What colour is the exterior?

Chalk is a bit beige - crayon is whitish / gray and looks great and preferable in my opinion.

Extended leather is a default tick if budget permits - plastic dashboard and surrounds is a little too much. Your dealer should have example cars and / or swatches either for Taycan or other models. Search Porsche approved and there will be examples of both with decent pictures to review - most cars have the extended leather so take care if resale is important.

Selection of seats won't introduce additional leather into the mix and are mutually exclusive.
Thanks for that.
Exterior will either be volcano, dolomite or black metallic in that order.
I feel that two tone lifts the ambience of the cabin greatly, but have not seen a single chalk two-tone on the approved used UK Taycans (maybe that is telling me something!!)
Is the leather in the extended leather better quality too?
Resale is important, but so is living with the car..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for that.
Exterior will either be volcano, dolomite or black metallic in that order.
I feel that two tone lifts the ambience of the cabin greatly, but have not seen a single chalk two-tone on the approved used UK Taycans (maybe that is telling me something!!)
Is the leather in the extended leather better quality too?
Resale is important, but so is living with the car..
Cool.

So I went Volcano with Black / Crayon extended leather + crayon seatbelts - it really is a fantastic combination (I had the same in my Panamera) and lifts the interior significantly. Panoramic roof is also obligatory - again to make the cabin feel really airy.

Extended leather is not the premium Olea leather but don't worry about that - leather is of high quality and easy to maintain.

A car with extended leather and the correct colour combination will be a more desirable car in the 2nd hand market. I know I shouldn't say this as the car is for you not for someone else but its the way these things tend to work out.

The approved config has a glitch - 81 vehicles and none with leather! Nonsense - just open any 4S listed as it is an option on that to see what I mean. I think the dealers haven't added the cars correctly unfortunately. So you have to trawl through each to see. I would wager black / chalk is not a favourite in UK but will be elsewhere - UAE, USA etc.

The dealer will have a good swatch though with the combinations so worth visiting and who knows might have a vehicle in the combination(s)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Is this finally a picture of where the "Center Console Trim in Leather" option is applicable? Not findable anywhere in the US configurator and no answer in my thread question as yet (nor from my dealer!). The lower frontal bolster is color matched in this pic as is the base area immediately under the console 'door lids' - guessing that maybe it is these two areas that receive leather covering in the Center Console Trim in Leather option? Another thread has a PDF provided by user Mr. Smith that suggests the bolster for sure is part of this trim upgrade.

Is this interactive image from an online brochure i.e. does not look like the configurator?

EDIT: Ah, found it - not quite what I am looking for ...
https://www.porsche.com/international/accessoriesandservice/exclusive-manufaktur/uniqueness/taycan/

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is this finally a picture of where the "Center Console Trim in Leather" option is applicable? Not findable anywhere in the US configurator and no answer in my thread question as yet (nor from my dealer!). The lower frontal bolster is color matched in this pic as is the base area immediately under the console 'door lids' - guessing that maybe it is these two areas that receive leather covering in the Center Console Trim in Leather option? Another thread has a PDF provided by user Mr. Smith that suggests the bolster for sure is part of this trim upgrade.

Is this interactive image from an online brochure i.e. does not look like the configurator?

EDIT: Ah, found it - not quite what I am looking for ...
https://www.porsche.com/international/accessoriesandservice/exclusive-manufaktur/uniqueness/taycan/
No that spec doesn't have if if you download the PDF. However I think that is the side panel that would be in leather as would the air vent surround.

Not worth the money....

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
No that spec doesn't have if if you download the PDF. However I think that is the side panel that would be in leather as would the air vent surround.

Not worth the money....
Seriously dumbfounding why Porsche's configurator doesn't simply show exactly what this (and other similar) option covers.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

I am the same.
I fancy the chalk beige to minimise the amount of black, which bores me rigid, and to have a light and airy interior.
FWIW this video review has the full leather version and whilst the video is long it does show the interior from several new (to me) angles and also that the front seat backs are -not- black which is almost enough for me to choose it in itself.

My problem too, is that it is an awful lot more money, though it is an awful lot more leather too!

The partial leather interior has very little leather at all. From the configurator:-
- seat centres front and rear
- front and rear inner seat bolsters
- Steering wheel rim in smooth-finish leather

The full leather has much more:-
- all leather items in the partial leather interior
- seat bolsters outer front and rear
- headrests front and rear
- dashboard upper and lower sections
- centre console main storage compartment lid
- centre console side panel
- steering wheel airbag module
- armrests in the front and rear doors
- door waist rails front and rear
- door panels front and rear
- decorative areas in the doors front and rear (not applicable in connection with interior packages)

I am hoping to get a chance to compare on actual cars to see if I personally feel it is worth the extra when I see and feel it.

It is a shame because if it wasn't for the fact my favoured interior colour is available as standard I would have to be paying extra anyway!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Don't forget the airbag! Non-leather cars airbags are textured vinyl material vs. full leather option will have smooth leather.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Don't forget the airbag! Non-leather cars airbags are textured vinyl material vs. full leather option will have smooth leather.
Yes, that is indeed on the list copied and pasted from the UK configurator.
I suppose everything listed as leather in the extended leather version is vinyl in the standard partial leather interior.
Sponsored