Storage Package Retrofit

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Does anyone knows whether the the storage tray under the center console can be retrofitted?

I like the cleaner look without it, especially dislike the tray in front of the rear middle seat...

However, I am worry that I may end up needing it given the lack of storage spaces for the front driver (access cards / 2 phones )

Porsche Taycan Storage Package Retrofit 1_basement_storage_li

W/ Storage Package
Porsche Taycan Storage Package Retrofit without storage

W/O Storage Package

Reactions: TIM

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Wow, indeed, with the storage package it looks nicer

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Following. Didn't know about the storage package, would have selected it if I knew.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Most US spec cars have the Premium Package. The Storage Package is included in the Premium Package.

OP
OP

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Should be an easy retrofit
I looked at the part catalog, and it seems some of the trims need to be replaced too(different part numbers)

For those whose does have the storage package and full leather, is the highlight trim in real leather?
Porsche Taycan Storage Package Retrofit 1_basement_storage_lip highlighted

For those who doesn't have the storage package, would you mind confirming whether that piece of trim exists?

That piece seems to be there in the configurator regardless whether you choose the storage package or not. Thanks!

It seems the piece is on both side with the storage, and only the driver side if the storage package is not selected?

Last edited:

Goldie

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I looked at the part catalog, and it seems some of the trims need to be replaced too(different part numbers)

For those whose does have the storage package and full leather, is the highlight trim in real leather?
1_basement_storage_lip highlighted.jpg

For those who doesn't have the storage package, would you mind confirming whether that piece of trim exists?

That piece seems to be there in the configurator regardless whether you choose the storage package or not. Thanks!

It seems the piece is on both side with the storage, and only the driver side if the storage package is not selected?
I don't have the 'storage package' but do have the 'extended leather interior' option on my 4S. I can confirm that the highlighted trim piece (on the drivers side only - which is on the right-hand side when facing forwards for my UK vehicle) - appears to be leather. It's quite hard to tell for sure because vinyl and imitation materials are so much more advanced these days, but I would say that it's leather. NB: The quality of the leather on this trim panel doesn't appear to be as good as the leather used elsewhere on the vehicle, e.g. the dash.

Coming from a Cayenne, I was disappointed with the lack of storage space within the vehicle (everything else about the vehicle is awesome). I understand car manufacturers make good mark-up by charging for options, but charging extra for a 'storage package' to turn this dead space into something useful is v. 'cheeky' IMO. I have written to Porsche GB expressing this view. I'll let you know what they say if I get a reply.

I too am interested in a retrofit for this option (if it's possible).

Porsche Taycan Storage Package Retrofit IMG_1602

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
My 4S UK is coming soon with storage option. I’ll take some pics and post if that is helpful?

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
My 4S UK is coming soon with storage option. I’ll take some pics and post if that is helpful?
If mine had arrived last Friday like planned I also would take photos as I have specified this also. If it comes this week I will take photos

OP
OP

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I have just decided against
I don't have the 'storage package' but do have the 'extended leather interior' option on my 4S. I can confirm that the highlighted trim piece (on the drivers side only - which is on the right-hand side when facing forwards for my UK vehicle) - appears to be leather. It's quite hard to tell for sure because vinyl and imitation materials are so much more advanced these days, but I would say that it's leather. NB: The quality of the leather on this trim panel doesn't appear to be as good as the leather used elsewhere on the vehicle, e.g. the dash.

Coming from a Cayenne, I was disappointed with the lack of storage space within the vehicle (everything else about the vehicle is awesome). I understand car manufacturers make good mark-up by charging for options, but charging extra for a 'storage package' to turn this dead space into something useful is v. 'cheeky' IMO. I have written to Porsche GB expressing this view. I'll let you know what they say if I get a reply.

IMG_1602.jpg
Thanks for the update...

I decided against ordering it because:
1) I went back to the showroom car to look at it again...I think the area is not very accessible while driving (especially for RHD), and I believe I will end up putting my stuff in one of the cupholders.
2) I think the tray on the rear floor is really stupid and is prone to be scratched or broken by the rear passenger..

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
This may seem trivial in the grand scheme of all things Taycan but if you are used to having a sunglass holder in the headliner console of your previous cars, the Taycan does not have one. The center armrest console is already too small for much anything. With the Storage Package, there is at least a space underneath the center console to use. Just FYI in case you are on the fence with the Storage package option. As previously stated....It's included in the premium package in the US, or can be added stand-alone.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This may seem trivial in the grand scheme of all things Taycan but if you are used to having a sunglass holder in the headliner console of your previous cars, the Taycan does not have one. The center armrest console is already too small for much anything. With the Storage Package, there is at least a space underneath the center console to use. Just FYI in case you are on the fence with the Storage package option. As previously stated....It's included in the premium package in the US, or can be added stand-alone.
Porsche hates sunglass holders, it makes me sad.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I use the storage area to keep my face mask. It keeps it out of sight but accessible.
Yup, that’s exactly what I do — it’s perfectly sized for my sunglasses case and a couple of other small items (AirPods Pro case usually). Honestly, if the Premium Package didn’t come with it, I’d just get used to dropping them into the center armrest console.

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

IMG_1602.jpg
Hi All

My 4s is arriving early September (fingers crossed) and I was too late to change my order to include the storage package although I did get extended leather.

Were you able to retrofit yours?

thanks in advance.