Stripped one of my rear license plate screw holes, any ideas to fix?

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Received my plates today and went to swap out the temporary tag and I guess I was a bit overzealous tightening one of them, and now it is stripped.

Any ideas for a quick fix short of ordering a new $60 rear bracket from suncoast?

google search suggests using epoxy to fill in the hole, let fully cure, and re-thread new screw like new… though I’m not sure if this is appropriate for the Taycan’s existing rear bracket.
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Received my plates today and went to swap out the temporary tag and I guess I was a bit overzealous tightening one of them, and now it is stripped.

Any ideas for a quick fix short of ordering a new $60 rear bracket from suncoast?

google search suggests using epoxy to fill in the hole, let fully cure, and re-thread new screw like new… though I’m not sure if this is appropriate for the Taycan’s existing rear bracket.
Use a thicker gauge screw. Alternatively, using every day items, fill in the hole with a bit of hot glue.you don't need much torque in the screw.

tedshuck

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
You could try the epoxy fill. I would mix the epoxy with some fibers before filling the hole to make it less likely to fracture.
If that doesn't work, you can always install a Helicoil.