Successful Plug and Charge session with 2 issues…

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
I had enabled the plug in charge on the car a while back, but haven’t had a chance to try it out. Successfully used it today. The only two issues were the two morons plugged into the 350 kW charging stations. That MachE might draw 150 kW for a max of two minutes and then drops to about 100. The BMW can only accept 50 kW max. Not exactly sure why they thought they should hog the only 350 kW stations. They had their 4 doors open jabbering to each other, blocking 3 other spots.
Porsche Taycan Successful Plug and Charge session with 2 issues… 49BADEFB-2EEA-44A3-9D52-90E18B650A63

A male shopper passes by all 3 cars and says to me “you win, hands down”. I thanked him and we chatted a bit, especially about charging rates/curves for the 3.
Sponsored

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had enabled the plug in charge on the car a while back, but haven’t had a chance to try it out. Successfully used it today. The only two issues were the two morons plugged into the 350 kW charging stations. That MachE might draw 150 kW for a max of two minutes and then drops to about 100. The BMW can only accept 50 kW max. Not exactly sure why they thought they should hog the only 350 kW stations. They had their 4 doors open jabbering to each other, blocking 3 other spots.
49BADEFB-2EEA-44A3-9D52-90E18B650A63.jpeg

A male shopper passes by all 3 cars and says to me “you win, hands down”. I thanked him and we chatted a bit, especially about charging rates/curves for the 3.
Selfish people are really annoying

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
did their open doors prevent you from getting to a charger? if yes, how hard would it have been to ask them to make room?
if no, why even mention it?
as for what level charger they were on they were probably oblivious to the differences in the units.
maybe an educational chat would have helped things in the future.

OP
OP
SCSEV

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
did their open doors prevent you from getting to a charger? if yes, how hard would it have been to ask them to make room?
if no, why even mention it?
as for what level charger they were on they were probably oblivious to the differences in the units.
maybe an educational chat would have helped things in the future.
I used the station on the end that was not blocked. As far as trying to chat about manners, shouldn’t their parents have taught them that? We were in a bit of a hurry and I didn’t have the time or energy to engage them. They should be aware of how THEIR car charges, since they purchased it. Not my job to educate them.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I used the station on the end that was not blocked. As far as trying to chat about manners, shouldn’t their parents have taught them that? We were in a bit of a hurry and I didn’t have the time or energy to engage them. They should be aware of how THEIR car charges, since they purchased it. Not my job to educate them.
you're not exactly the most friendly chap. didn't you have 15 minutes or so of charging time to chat them up?

OP
OP
SCSEV

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
you're not exactly the most friendly chap. didn't you have 15 minutes or so of charging time to chat them up?
10 minute charge to get home. My wife and I went in to use the bathroom. They both looked directly at us as we pulled up trying to get a spot. No effort to close their doors to unblock the spots. ?‍♂
Sponsored