Sun visor clip not covered by warrantee?

Daren Jones

First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan - BMW X3
Country flag
Hi, Mine broke the same on the drivers side.
Porsche replaced it under the warranty.. UK
Sponsored

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Both of mine were broken at the time of delivery. Not sure where in the process it occurred, and still waiting for parts after about three weeks. Apparently there are clip shortages as well as chip shortages..... and this is obviously a poorly designed part.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It simply pushes into two holes in the roof structure.
And those roof structure holes are obviously stronger than the plastic clip, but if you replace the plastic clip with a metal one, the roof structure holes become your next point of failure. It could be they are very strong and it would take a hammer to break, but maybe not, maybe slamming a sun visor could do it too.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Link takes you to "Product '' is not available at this time. "

That's odd. It was there last night. If you call them, the part number they assigned was PQ68189.

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
The part probably costs 50 cents or possibly a dollar to make...seriously Porsche, they surely must have bigger fish to fry than to be nit picking on such a small item that clearly has design issues hence people breaking it off easily.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
The part probably costs 50 cents or possibly a dollar to make...seriously Porsche, they surely must have bigger fish to fry than to be nit picking on such a small item that clearly has design issues hence people breaking it off easily.
The clip actually incorporates a spring-loaded metal latch, so I'm guessing a little more than 50 cents, but your point stands.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Love the pictures! I've ordered two replacement clips from Suncoast Parts and hope to get them soon.
Safest using a plastic interior trim pry tool. Remove just the outer finish piece first. Don't try to remove the entire part in one shot.

Irhmsd

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Mine broke tonight, lol. So fragile. I ordered a new one from SunCoast (thx for the link!). I also took mine apart and used gorilla glue on it. I will reinstall tomorrow and see how it holds up. Then when the replacement arrives I can either install it or have a back up.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Mine has also broken now. Very weak construction. I only tried to unvlip the visor to swing it to that side window and ….

Need to search for a part now since it rattles when driving on rough surface, which drives me nuts.
Sponsored