oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think the height of the car is the problem. The cameras are in low spots which do not enhance visibility. I had more or less the same camera system in my old Audi A4 and it worked better there.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
4 cameras is also a sign, the option you want is with 8 cameras you can choose from. Without the trick you can chooses 4 cameras only, front, back, left, Right. ? I bet this trick will be gone soon.
I did not read it the same way. The text says that the surround view is generated from 4 high resolution cameras. And I think you only have 4 cameras on the car, front, rear and the two mirror cameras. You can then generate a lot of views with simulated camera positions on the display! So I would not get too upset as yet until we have seen this in real life.

Only my 2 cent.

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is incredibly ridiculous and another example of milking your customers...

Thanks for pointing that out!
Tell me, is the rear camera as bad as people say? I really like it on my Macan, so how come they built in a worse one in a more expensive car?!
I don’t think it is too bad, the camera on my Macan is worse.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got to try it today and I managed to get the 3D-camera up but I could not move the picture around. A very amusing software bug. Still hoping for a fod-update for the 3D camera.

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got to try it today and I managed to get the 3D-camera up but I could not move the picture around. A very amusing software bug. Still hoping for a fod-update for the 3D camera.
You have to select (without seeing) the camera in the back left or right. Then a specific text comes up that tells you to track the car on the screen.

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
I am a bit confused. I ordered my Taycan right at the cut-off point of MY20.....and then added HUD when the dealer phoned me back to inform me that it would be the MY21 and we were still within the order cutoff point. The MY21 configurator was not live yet.

I had in my original selection the Surround View option....but was unaware that in MY21 the 3D vision had been added as an option coupled with self park, and that this was separate now.

So now, people I know with the MY20 have the ability to view and spin their car round in 3D in their park assist, but I only have the front and back cameras as options (unless I use the trick of picking cameras that aren’t there, as highlighted above).

Is this a mistake in that I should have more cameras and the 3D ability? Has it been removed for me, because I didn’t pick the additional option (which I didn’t know existed at the time)? I do not see it as something that can be added via FoD, even though I obviously have the hardware to make it work. At the moment, even though I picked the same options as my MY20 friends, I seem to have one less feature.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I can confirm this “hack” still works on the MY21.
it’s a bit of a faff to master but once you’ve sussed it, it works.
Probably absolutely pointless in the real world but man, does it look cool.

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Do you think the shitty camera feature can be addressed in some way? Maybe even software-wise?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Do you think the shitty camera feature can be addressed in some way? Maybe even software-wise?
Yes, defenately.
But the question is: would they?
I doubt it.
Unless A LOT of people complain about it and, more importantly, let Porsche know.
Sponsored