oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Will this work on my car? I have a MY21 car with the 360 cameras but not the parking assistant with 3D. Unfortunately, I didn't see what you did on the lower screen, @Schlarbsi

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Will this work on my car? I have a MY21 car with the 360 cameras but not the parking assistant with 3D. Unfortunately, I didn't see what you did on the lower screen, @Schlarbsi
Yes I have it on a my21 without active parking.
On the lower you act like you want to select an icon aside the camera. So when you on the menu on the left you swipe right, till you hear that you selected something, but nothing turns orange. Than push/select and the view changes.

OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Yes I have it on a my21 without active parking.
On the lower you act like you want to select an icon aside the camera. So when you on the menu on the left you swipe right, till you hear that you selected something, but nothing turns orange. Than push/select and the view changes.
would be better open a new threat with this instruction but I don’t know if my explanation in English is clear...

This because I know that this issue hurt a lot of new my2021 Taycan customers...

what do you think?

I have done new threat and I have attached your video.

it’s better that we are more

Last edited:

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick update. Been to the Porsche Center. The Taycans there (also MY20 with the newest update) also don‘t have the 8 Camera icons anymore, BUT MY20 and MY21 with newest update and active parking still got the icons.
so the bug is not that you don’t see the icons, the bug is that you are able to have 3D view when you don’t have the Active Parking. So the next update will not make the 8 cameras appear again, it will make you unable to have 3D view with the surround view option!
And now the crazy part: one MY20 had the surround view optioned when it was called 3D-surround view (they changed the name of the option) and even this car only got the 2 cameras to choose now. ?
So I guess no more tracking arround the car in a couple of weeks if you didn’t optioned active parking. ?

OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update. Been to the Porsche Center. The Taycans there (also MY20 with the newest update) also don‘t have the 8 Camera icons anymore, BUT MY20 and MY21 with newest update and active parking still got the icons.
so the bug is not that you don’t see the icons, the bug is that you are able to have 3D view when you don’t have the Active Parking. So the next update will not make the 8 cameras appear again, it will make you unable to have 3D view with the surround view option!
And now the crazy part: one MY20 had the surround view optioned when it was called 3D-surround view (they changed the name of the option) and even this car only got the 2 cameras to choose now. ?
So I guess no more tracking arround the car in a couple of weeks if you didn’t optioned active parking. ?
if is so as you wrote, how can (Porsche) justify this description? (Attached from Porsche Car Configurator)

“As ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera, but also featuring a 360° surround view generated from the images of four high-resolution cameras enabling even greater comfort when manoeuvring. A junction view (from front and rear of vehicle) provides assistance at more complex exits. Images are displayed on the screen of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Including mirror lighting”

i think that if your news are told you from dealer, your dealer is the classic dealer that have not answer.

Porsche Taycan Surround view 5F0BBD95-3F00-4BEA-A831-E9E8793F396D

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
if is so as you wrote, how can (Porsche) justify this description? (Attached from Porsche Car Configurator)

“As ParkAssist (front and rear) including reversing camera, but also featuring a 360° surround view generated from the images of four high-resolution cameras enabling even greater comfort when manoeuvring. A junction view (from front and rear of vehicle) provides assistance at more complex exits. Images are displayed on the screen of Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Including mirror lighting”

i think that if your news are told you from dealer, your dealer is the classic dealer that have not answer.

5F0BBD95-3F00-4BEA-A831-E9E8793F396D.png
Yes. Question is: what is 360 degree and what is 3D. In the Active parking the 3D technic is mentioned.
Porsche Taycan Surround view 7763CE59-11B8-4CD8-9D90-A1D9C85FB592

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

5F0BBD95-3F00-4BEA-A831-E9E8793F396D.png
And also yes, my dealer, like all the others, got Hugh parts that they don’t understand. But the thing that brought me to my conclusion is that the active parking equipped car still shows the 8 cameras in the upper screen.

OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. Question is: what is 360 degree and what is 3D. In the Active parking the 3D technic is mentioned.
7763CE59-11B8-4CD8-9D90-A1D9C85FB592.jpeg
also the other 4 cameras...I want them as in description... no more
Porsche Taycan Surround view F75AAF0F-5444-4BEB-B25E-43C57BB3B393

OP
OP
miglio

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And also yes, my dealer, like all the others, got Hugh parts that they don’t understand. But the thing that brought me to my conclusion is that the active parking equipped car still shows the 8 cameras in the upper screen.
Correct ?

Schlarbsi

First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
also the other 4 cameras...I want them as in description... no more
F75AAF0F-5444-4BEB-B25E-43C57BB3B393.jpeg
4 cameras is also a sign, the option you want is with 8 cameras you can choose from. Without the trick you can chooses 4 cameras only, front, back, left, Right. ? I bet this trick will be gone soon.

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
This is incredibly ridiculous and another example of milking your customers...

Thanks for pointing that out!
Tell me, is the rear camera as bad as people say? I really like it on my Macan, so how come they built in a worse one in a more expensive car?!
Sponsored