Switched fuse (acc)

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Thats a good idea. Do you have some pics?

Is the cord long enough to run to the front camera?
Yes the cord is long enough to reach the front camera
Porsche Taycan Switched fuse (acc) IMG_5296 - Copy

You can see the power cord in the background heading behind the rear seats , then to the left and then up into the edge of the headlining through to the front camera

Porsche Taycan Switched fuse (acc) IMG_5298 - Copy

The zip ties I had to hand weren't actually long enough so I've connected two together which is against my OCD-religion and I will replace shortly. The battery has not moved at all in 1500 miles of spirited driving

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
What @PDACPA said. Also, doesn’t it take longer to charge the battery with the 12v socket?
It does take longer to charge via the 12v compared to hard-wiring but if you hard-wire you're running the risk that the electical faults you will inevitably have with your Taycan could somehow be blamed on you in future. For example, if your 12v battery discharges, it could be argued that it's the drain from your dashcam setup causing the issue and not some inherent software issue in the car.

Keep it 'clean' - just use the 12v socket then there's no arguments later. It takes longer to charge so good excuse to stay out and enjoy driving the car more ?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Yes the cord is long enough to reach the front camera
IMG_5296 - Copy.jpg

You can see the power cord in the background heading behind the rear seats , then to the left and then up into the edge of the headlining through to the front camera

IMG_5298 - Copy.jpg

The zip ties I had to hand weren't actually long enough so I've connected two together which is against my OCD-religion and I will replace shortly. The battery has not moved at all in 1500 miles of spirited driving
Now I need to re-think my hardwired to the fuse box! LOL That looks clean and out of the way.

BlakDragun2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Now I need to re-think my hardwired to the fuse box! LOL That looks clean and out of the way.
So, I ended up hardwiring mine. The battery is in the glovebox. It fits perfectly on that little top part in the glovebox. My installer made a makeshift shelf out of cardboard.
Sponsored