Binary

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x5
Country flag
Quick question, my car doesn't have comfort access , although it is available in FOD.
However, when I walk up to the car it does unlock itself, why does it do that without comfort access?
Sponsored

icegrey4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
My 4S ST came with comfort access despite not being specced, so maybe you’re one of the lucky ones who get a freebie from Porsche too. However I don’t actually want comfort access so I’ve disabled it within the PCM. You’ll know if you have comfort access when you go into the vehicle locking settings and see what options are available, and then you can disable any you don’t want from there.

axpy

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD
Country flag
Same! My RWD ST came with it even if I did not specced it. I have it as available as FUD options in the connect store as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Binary

Binary

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x5
Country flag
Same! My RWD ST came with it even if I did not specced it. I have it as available as FUD options in the connect store as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mine doesn’t seem to lock by itself though just opens

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Quick question, my car doesn't have comfort access , although it is available in FOD.
However, when I walk up to the car it does unlock itself, why does it do that without comfort access?
You've got partial comfort access - no trunk close and lock button function, probs no foot gesture or hand swipe either - check it out.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have the same (no boot closing button) and do have the foot gesture and frunk swipe.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I have comfort access as an option and I believe is what enables the seat and steering to move when you get in/out.

Rossmeldr

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s sport tourismo
Country flag
Mine doesn’t seem to lock by itself though just opens
Walk away auto locking is not a feature of the Taycan, with or without comfort access.

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
My RWD came with comfort access too (Except the extra button). And I do have the gestures too.

I specifically asked why and for how long this would be enabled but the dealer was not able to answer when I got the car.

I have comfort access as an option and I believe is what enables the seat and steering to move when you get in/out.
No, that is part of the seat memory package.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
we all got it for free to make up for the missing automatic adjusting steering wheel. Due to chip shortage all RWD and 4s models from (I think My22 and My23) are missing the adjusting steering wheel

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
we all got it for free to make up for the missing automatic adjusting steering wheel. Due to chip shortage all RWD and 4s models from (I think My22 and My23) are missing the adjusting steering wheel
MY 23 GTS and above all kept the electrically adjusting steering column and Bose - anything below unfortunately were left short.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
MY 23 GTS and above all kept the electrically adjusting steering column and Bose - anything below unfortunately were left short.
But for the missing Bose part I got my money back.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Mine isn’t

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine isn’t
Depends also on production date. I got my MY23 delivered (with heater fault) 1/3/23 and produced in Jan / Feb but the plan was always to save stock of parts for certain models. Some will have been fortunate on 4S and below.
Sponsored