f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Depends also on production date. I got my MY23 delivered (with heater fault) 1/3/23 and produced in Jan / Feb but the plan was always to save stock of parts for certain models. Some will have been fortunate on 4S and below.
Mine was a 22 model delivered in December 23. Build was sometime between mid April spec fix and end of July 23, slow due to parts shortage, then stored due to 12V battery absence.
I was persuaded in April not to bother with matrix lights or Bose, which by then were back on the confusertor because of extra delay but got the delay anyway.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine was a 22 model delivered in December 23. Build was sometime between mid April spec fix and end of July 23, slow due to parts shortage, then stored due to 12V battery absence.
I was persuaded in April not to bother with matrix lights or Bose, which by then were back on the confusertor because of extra delay but got the delay anyway.
Nice updated avatar!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got my MY23 delivered (with heater fault)
I got a heater recall appointment for next week. I haven’t had a failure but my turn for the new one has seemingly arrived.

DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
We have a RWD, 24MY have memory seats, auto open ( can chose which doors unlock and handle pops out) have frunk swipe but agree it’s hit and miss. Don’t have the foot gesture for the boot, but can open and close it from the lower centre console.
We have gesture on our XC90 for the boot and never use it.

Rossmeldr

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s sport tourismo
Country flag
With all of the above, you should have foot gesture for the boot too. It’s just not particularly reliable, or easy to get right.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
i find
We have a RWD, 24MY have memory seats, auto open ( can chose which doors unlock and handle pops out) have frunk swipe but agree it’s hit and miss. Don’t have the foot gesture for the boot, but can open and close it from the lower centre console.
We have gesture on our XC90 for the boot and never use it.
I find it quite handy actually, like today for instance : one hand holding the umbrella and the other one the (heavy) shopping bags that i didn't want to put on the ground.
it works fine with the feet not under the center, but slightly on the left. And not moving too fast.

DrRach

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
i find

I find it quite handy actually, like today for instance : one hand holding the umbrella and the other one the (heavy) shopping bags that i didn't want to put on the ground.
it works fine with the feet not under the center, but slightly on the left. And not moving too fast.
Will try the boot thing but have never got it to work lol

Abuson95

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I got a heater recall appointment for next week. I haven’t had a failure but my turn for the new one has seemingly arrived.
That’s great going with the recall. Only got notified today - but Mine can only be seen around 22nd May. Heater still working anyway.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s great going with the recall. Only got notified today - but Mine can only be seen around 22nd May. Heater still working anyway.
Mine was still working too.

I think Porsche did the logical thing after the redesign (or improved manufacturing spec or whatever it was) to use the first new parts for repair of broken ones, then start the recall as surplus parts from production and repair started to be available.

I had to wait a few weeks from the recall letter until my dealer could do the work too.

OP
OP
Binary

Binary

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x5
Country flag
I'm still very confused by this comfort access I see menu options within PCCM that suggests I have the options even though they appear to order in FOD I haven't actually ordered them.
However I don't think they work in that I can't open the boot by sticking my foot under it
Porsche Taycan Comfort Access IMG_2327.JPEG

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm still very confused by this comfort access I see menu options within PCCM that suggests I have the options even though they appear to order in FOD I haven't actually ordered them.
However I don't think they work in that I can't open the boot by sticking my foot under it
IMG_2327.JPEG
The boot gesture is a learned technique and generally works reliably if not standing too close. Swing one leg in then out (with key / fob in pocket) and step back - don't wiggle, more of a penalty kick.

Try the bonnet swipe (harder to master) too.

Odd that the options are available if not active. If listed on FoD then you're kinda halfway there in that you didn't option it and therefore not paired with your VIN. Paying for FoD would likely bring it all to life but remember you aren't getting the full deal (no lock and close button on the rear hatch / boot, close only).

OP
OP
Binary

Binary

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x5
Country flag
So I can now confirm that I do have boot and frunk opening as per comfort access , so it looks like it might have been activated by the dealer I guess
thanks @W1NGE the penalty kick was spot on (no pun intended)

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Wasnt specced on mine, but Ive got everything apart from the vehicle lock button on the boot. Someone else I know is in the same boat but they do have the vehicle lock button, but it doesnt do anything.
Sponsored