DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
Some ships carry commodities or ordinary stuff in containers. Some carry the hopes and dreams of the passengers onboard. Not the Hoegh Detroit! It has this beauty onboard: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNJ4QTY0 ...and many others! Currently in Belgium, and due in Sydney on 11 March with multiple stops on the way.

Who else has their new Taycan onboard?

So far the process has been straight-forward: Ordered and locked on 24 November (after weeks absorbing the combined wisdom of this forum), completed build on 4 Jan (...hopefully not produced during New Year's Eve celebrations in Zuffenhousen...) and now en-route.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now in Southhampton.. after that Baltimore (1 Feb), then Jacksonville (4 Feb), then zzzz, zzzz, zzzz, Melbourne, and Sydney (13 March)

jam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, '22 Macan S, Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
You did well to get this so quickly. I ordered in Adelaide first week of Jan, allocation/build is for April with earliest delivery expected in July. It seems like an age!

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
wow we thought we had it bad here in the US how long we had to wait for our cars and endure "smash my dreams" and track the ship day by day. You are on a whole different level there!

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You did well to get this so quickly. I ordered in Adelaide first week of Jan, allocation/build is for April with earliest delivery expected in July. It seems like an age!
Indeed! Fortunately the dealer had an allocation available which locked on the day I was ready to buy. (I was told at the time that the next slots were several months away.) Fortunately again, there were no production delays. The longest part of the whole process is the shipping. I hope that the production of your vehicle is equally probem-free.

Reactions: jam

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
wow we thought we had it bad here in the US how long we had to wait for our cars and endure "smash my dreams" and track the ship day by day. You are on a whole different level there!
MarineTraffic.com is now bookmarked :) I thought I obsessed too much over the options, but now I MUST know where the vessel is and how fast it is going…

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Woo Hoo! Departed Southhampton - on her way to Baltimore. ....I'm not obsessed.... ...really...

Porsche Taycan Sydney-bound: Hoegh Detroit 1642995015249

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After a holiday in Jamaica, now headed for the Panama Canal. This is going to be a very well-travelled Taycan by the time it arrives in Australia!

Porsche Taycan Sydney-bound: Hoegh Detroit 1DDDE668-1E33-4999-9167-4106A522A200

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still on its way. Thankfully.
Porsche Taycan Sydney-bound: Hoegh Detroit 1645511125107

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ship left Auckland today bound for Australia... Melbourne first stop, then Sydney. Given all of the uncertainty around supply chains, I feel quick lucky knowing that my Taycan is almost here. Now, there is just one big storm left to get through in the Tasman Sea...

Anyone else expecting a delivery in Australia soon?
Porsche Taycan Sydney-bound: Hoegh Detroit 1646551162991
Sponsored