First Name
Shams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Cross
Country flag
Hi

I am sure this has been asked many times so I apologise upfront.
Apart from IONITY and Porsche dealers, where can I tap and charge with my Porsche charging card in the Uk?. I did a trip to Holland last week and the availability of chargers from different vendors that I could use with my card was quite frankly outstanding and at 29 Euros, very competitive.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi

I am sure this has been asked many times so I apologise upfront.
Apart from IONITY and Porsche dealers, where can I tap and charge with my Porsche charging card in the Uk?. I did a trip to Holland last week and the availability of chargers from different vendors that I could use with my card was quite frankly outstanding and at 29 Euros, very competitive.
If you use the search function in the cars navigation system, it should bring up all the chargers that are available with the Porsche Charging card. And if you plan a route in the system with charging stops, only chargers in the Porsche Charging services network will be used.

OP
OP

Greenwich

First Name
Shams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Cross
Country flag
If you use the search function in the cars navigation system, it should bring up all the chargers that are available with the Porsche Charging card. And if you plan a route in the system with charging stops, only chargers in the Porsche Charging services network will be used.

Thanks for the quick response but if I perform a search it returns Lidl chargers and also Tesla chargers (there is one close to me that is fully open to all makes). Also when you plan a route it will prioritise Porsche network but will also give results for others. I was seeking a website or app that would just show me which provider I can use with my card. Is there one available?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Strange? Have you ticked the box in the filter to only show Porsche Charging service? I do not hve any open Tesla chargers nearby and the ones I have in the list are all stations I know I can charge at. I also filter stations above 150 kW though.

During trips I have always been able to start charging with either the app or the card, at stations thatbghe navigator directed me to.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the quick response but if I perform a search it returns Lidl chargers and also Tesla chargers (there is one close to me that is fully open to all makes). Also when you plan a route it will prioritise Porsche network but will also give results for others. I was seeking a website or app that would just show me which provider I can use with my card. Is there one available?
My Porsche App or My Porsche website will enable you to filter and target only Porsche signed up providers who can either take the Taycan card or allow a charging session to be enabled via the My Porsche App. Note that not all EVSEs identified this way will support the card but will support the app to initiate a charging session.

PCM can do similar and if you enable Porsche Charging Service then these will be prioritised and or filtered.

My Porsche Website is possibly best overall as I've noticed it displays more options than the app for example.

Start with the app - map and set the filters to see what is listed nearby. Note that only EVSE providers signed up to Porsche Charging Service will be listed.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Porsche App or My Porsche website will enable you to filter and target only Porsche signed up providers who can either take the Taycan card or allow a charging session to be enabled via the My Porsche App. Note that not all EVSEs identified this way will support the card but will support the app to initiate a charging session.

PCM can do similar and if you enable Porsche Charging Service then these will be prioritised and or filtered.

My Porsche Website is possibly best overall as I've noticed it displays more options than the app for example.

Start with the app - map and set the filters to see what is listed nearby. Note that only EVSE providers signed up to Porsche Charging Service will be listed.
Have you found any way to filter the My Porsche website?

I find it useless since you can not see the rapid chargers for all the clutter. Picture for around Nice/Antibes area! There is a 350 kW Ionity charger hidden in that clutter!
Porsche Taycan Tap and charge in UK? 9465C767-9810-47DD-9258-F869CCCD11B5

I also very much doubt that all of these places will accept either the Porsche card or app!

One case to show this is for the Euro tunnel terminal at Folkestone. Here it shows the Tesla Supercharger! I believe Porsche have only used Google maps and filtered out all the charging stations. And it does not show the Porsche dealer in Antibes where there are two 320 kW chargers!
Porsche Taycan Tap and charge in UK? C248E615-A48F-485F-9F20-133B6F953753

The MyPorsche app is much better since it allows you to apply some filters depending on capacity of chargers and plug type.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you found any way to filter the My Porsche website?

I find it useless since you can not see the rapid chargers for all the clutter. Picture for around Nice/Antibes area! There is a 350 kW Ionity charger hidden in that clutter!
9465C767-9810-47DD-9258-F869CCCD11B5.png

I also very much doubt that all of these places will accept either the Porsche card or app!

One case to show this is for the Euro tunnel terminal at Folkestone. Here it shows the Tesla Supercharger! I believe Porsche have only used Google maps and filtered out all the charging stations. And it does not show the Porsche dealer in Antibes where there are two 320 kW chargers!
C248E615-A48F-485F-9F20-133B6F953753.png

The MyPorsche app is much better since it allows you to apply some filters depending on capacity of chargers and plug type.
Work in progress I guess and region dependent.

Zooming in can help remove the clutter but not ideal. Little clutter in Scotland as there so few signed up providers for Porsche!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag

I don't see the option to filter Porsche signed up evse providers? See image below... I have an option to filter Porsche Destination Chargers but this isn't the same.

Porsche Taycan Tap and charge in UK? Screenshot_20221108-073126_My Porsche

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't see the option to filter Porsche signed up evse providers? See image below... I have an option to filter Porsche Destination Chargers but this isn't the same.

Screenshot_20221108-073126_My Porsche.jpg
All are signed up - the app only (should only) display EVSEs where there is a contractual relationship with Porsche and simply not all chargers near by. So any you select however filtered should be compatible.

Try one and look at the details around payment.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
All are signed up - the app only (should only) display EVSEs where there is a contractual relationship with Porsche and simply not all chargers near by. So any you select however filtered should be compatible.

Try one and look at the details around payment.
Ah yes that is how i thought it worked but was misled by reference to filtering... Thanks
Sponsored